• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hoping for a ball-tearer, myself. Tournament's been lacking in close ones so far.

Hope Bond and Mills can blast a couple out first up and then Vettori and McCullum minor can tie them up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, curate's egg of an over from Mills. Wided for height, front-foot NB but bowls Akmal with the last ball. Actually, it's an inside egde the little keeper drags on.

15/1 off 2. Encouraging signs for the neutrals hoping for a close one.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ditto for Bond. Goes for 9, but picks up Hafeez with a snorter. Leaves the right hander slightly off the pitch and Hopkins takes the edged catch.

24/2 off 3.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
NZ right back in it! Mills picks up Umar first ball. Caught in two minds, doesn't get his bat out of the way and Mills's extra bounce does the trick.

25/3.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Didn't think it was out when I saw it live. But the umpire is never wrong.

Replay shows no inside edge, good stuff.
Still not 100% conclusive, for mine, but just might be a great shout from Gunner.

Best English ump since Shep, IMHO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
All the comms seem convinced, but side view looks like it was on the bounce from my sofa. Might've just got his fingers down, but doubt for mine.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just felt Pakistan would struggle chasing this down. No real reason other than because its Pakistan.

tooextracool

International Coach
Not sure why this argument still happens IMO. Its been obvious for a while now that even the most obvious catches are made to look inconclusive on tv replays. Always go with the fielder's word on this IMO, its the most accurate method ATM.

Doesn't take away from it being a pathetic shot from Afridi given the situation. At 7 an over, all that was needed was to turn the strike over, especially with Butt at the other end.