• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup theme song

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Incidentally the Crusaders have used that theme song for as long as I can remember when running onto the field in Super12 and Super14 matches at Jade Stadium/AMI Stadium.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
On theme songs, what is the story behind the trumpet song that they play for the crowd in the IPL? Is it historically important in India, or is it just a cultural thing, or pop culture?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On theme songs, what is the story behind the trumpet song that they play for the crowd in the IPL? Is it historically important in India, or is it just a cultural thing, or pop culture?
Really keen to hear the answer to this.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I have always wanted to know the answer to this. I have never asked in the IPL thread as I figured it was really obvious to everyone bar me.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quick Google search:

The IPL Trumpet Sound Ducking Beamers: A Cricket Blog

Just a little update to my previous post on the IPL trumpet. If you watched today’s match between the Royal Challengers Bangalore and the Delhi Daredevils, you saw Danny Morrison interview the stadium DJ and solve the trumpet mystery. The DJ asked Morrison if he wanted to hear 20,000 people cheer, and then told him to hit a button on the turntables. The trumpet sound rang out, and that was that.

A bit sad to know it’s not a real trumpeter, but DJs rule the musical world nowadays. A commenter said the music comes from the 1995 rugby World Cup theme song. True? Anyone have a link?
Edit: More searching reveals that it comes from/is at least based on this Spanish song.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt it comes from the 1995 Rugby World Cup theme song - the theme song for all Rugby World Cups is "World In Union" which is a fairly staid number.

Sir Alex

Banned
Thanks all.

Yeah, the trumpet thing is DJ stuff, and it's become too repetitive.

Trumpets are very much part of our culture, and used particularly to signal arrival of royalty in old days. Still used in festival processions.