• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women's world champs

shivfan

Banned
What a start to this tournament!
:huh:
Teenaged Bajan allrounder Deandra Dottin became the first woman to score a century in a 20/20 international, when the West Indies beat South Africa by 17 runs in the curtain-raiser in St Kitts....

Her 112 not out came off just 45 balls! And of course she chipped in with a wicket, for a decent allround performance. Is she the female Gary Sobers?
:cool:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome, never seen a no.6 get a hundred in a T20 before!

Backing our girls in this one, but it'll be great if someone can gatecrash the England/Australia/NZ/India semi-finals.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In womens cricket it is cringe worthy when you are watching the fast bowlers bowl at 65 mph :laugh:

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Urgh, England out for 104 against Australia. Our batting relies too heavily on our top three. Really need to bowl well here...

Dydl

International Debutant
Bit confused right now; Cricinfo and the official website stating that England won by 1 wicket, when they actually tied. I'm sure they'll sort it out soon, but confusing in the meantime.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit confused right now; Cricinfo and the official website stating that England won by 1 wicket, when they actually tied. I'm sure they'll sort it out soon, but confusing in the meantime.
A tie I think, that's the cricinfo headline. Crazy stuff!

Dydl

International Debutant
Wow, what a match!

News Display | News | Cricket NSW

Geez, losing after normal game tied, Super Over tied, and not hitting as many sixes. One has to wonder where they would have gone next had they still been tied after maximums hit; fours? England would have won had that been the case, so it's a fine line, a really fine line.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez, losing after normal game tied, Super Over tied, and not hitting as many sixes. One has to wonder where they would have gone next had they still been tied after maximums hit; fours? England would have won had that been the case, so it's a fine line, a really fine line.
Sounds a bit farcical, a Super Over's pushing it to decide a tied match IMO but a cricket match determined on which side hits the most sixes?

Dydl

International Debutant
I was just reading the rules on the official website, and saw that if Jessica Cameron hadn't hit that six, the winner would have been decided by which team hit the most fours, which would have resulted in an English victory. It's a rule that should probably be changed; it's slightly unfair to determine the winner of a game judging on the boundaries hit. Massively favours the stronger teams, and disadvantages those that earn most of their runs through smart, quick running between the wickets. Can't think of any other solution though, but don't think that what it is at the moment is that fair.

Is Ellysse Perry playing? I'm a big fan. :wub:
Yeah, she is playing. Has been in good form as of late, so looking forward to seeing some important/consistent contributions from her.

I'm a fan too, reckon she's an awesome talent and genuinely nice person too. Very good with remembering names. :happy:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was just reading the rules on the official website, and saw that if Jessica Cameron hadn't hit that six, the winner would have been decided by which team hit the most fours, which would have resulted in an English victory. It's a rule that should probably be changed; it's slightly unfair to determine the winner of a game judging on the boundaries hit. Massively favours the stronger teams, and disadvantages those that earn most of their runs through smart, quick running between the wickets. Can't think of any other solution though, but don't think that what it is at the moment is that fair.
If it's still even after the first Super Over and with wickets in hand, then just do another Super Over IMO. Just like if a penalty shoot out is tied after the 5, more players step up. So different batsmen and bowlers, would really test a team's depth (in the very unlikely situation).

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, I agree - do another Super Over.

Now, it's Sri Lanka vs Paksitan.

Galagedara's run out, and Sri Lanka are 40-1 in the sixth over.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
If it's still even after the first Super Over and with wickets in hand, then just do another Super Over IMO. Just like if a penalty shoot out is tied after the 5, more players step up. So different batsmen and bowlers, would really test a team's depth (in the very unlikely situation).
Thats one option, or just like the golden point in the NRL, if theres no winner after the period of extra time [or in this case the Super Over] a tie's a tie.

shivfan

Banned
And the West Indies win by two runs!
:cool:
Nero topscored with 32 as the WI made 122-8 in their 2o overs....

Marsh was England best bowler with 3-16, while there were two wickets each for Shrubsole and Gunn.

Then, Taylor, Dottin, Mohammed and Campbelle all took two wickets each to restrict England to 120-9 off 20 overs. Edwards and Taylor put on 65 for the opening partnership, but wickets tumbled like dominoes after that!

shivfan

Banned
WI and Australia advance to the semis from this group, while England and the Saffers will battle it out for the wooden spoon....