• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How were the venues chosen?

shivfan

Banned
In all, five countries made bids for the matches in the world champs....

2010 ICC World Twenty20 Championship: Guyana, Barbados, St Lucia named host venues : Kaieteur News

"Five Caribbean countries made bids to host matches, half the number that pitched for matches at the 2007 World Cup. Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Guyana, St Kitts & Nevis and St Lucia met the deadline of November 18 for submitting their bids."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the organising committee is an ICC one, with some WI representation on it. The committee ended up rejecting the bids of the Leeward territories of St Kitts and Antigua (two of the driest islands in the Caribbean!), and chose St Lucia, Barbados and Guyana. In the end, it was a decision they regretted, and, if I'm honest, I always feared that rain was going to ruin the matches in Guyana. Unfortuantely, my fears came true....

Instead of giving the matches to Guyana, they should've been given to Antigua. Given Guyana's history with rain, they shouldn't have been given matches for a world tournament, where a rain-ruined match could affect the outcome of a tournament.

How much did this committee rely on local advice?

GGG

State Captain
So this rain is normal for this time of year? If so someone should be looking for a new job.