• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst world cup ever?

shivfan

Banned
Australia won an exciting semi-final against Pakistan....

Those folks who say sixes are rare at this tournament forgot to tell Hussey!
:laugh:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Personally I'm on the cusp on this issue it could be a truly great World Cup, the best ever in all formats. Or it could just be another really ****ty one. 50/50 really.

or in reality 5/95:ph34r:

AaronK

State Regular
ya.. this world cup has been one of the best i have seen.. the rain was frustrating in the morning but it has been better after that..

waiting for another exciting final... hoping England win since they are my second favorite team...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Best ever; it's official. :cool:

Actually, without wishing to be too much of a ****, it was all too easy for England, really. Only the weather really tested us.

Sir Alex

Banned
The point of T20 is to have action packed cricket with tons of sixes. It's not a test of quality batting (that's what test matches are for) it's just supposed to be entertainment. You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke. I love the stadium in Christchurch, not only is it small but the crowd is right over the ground which makes it all the more fun watching the ball sail into the crowd.
Yeah this.

The collapses on Barbados pitch were really shameful for T20 cricket. Yes it exposed the inabilities of some teams to play the shorter stuff, but I don't think it was anyway conducive to an enjoyable cricket match. Substitute the pitch with a rank turning dustbowl and you'd have exactly the same sour taste in the mouth.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
without watching a minute of this world cup, I can say that I do enjoy the final outcome :D

DingDong

State Captain
it turned out ok in the end but the last one england was better. i think the biggest problem was the lack of crowds at the stadiums.