Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Worst world cup ever?

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    5 World cups in 4 years. happens only in cricket.
    2 in 2007, 50 over and T20.

1 in 2009 T20,
    1 in 2010 T20,

and 1 in 2011....

LOL! You are right ICC has made a mockery of the World Cup.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GraemeSmith View Post
    This St Lucia stadium is way too big. They need to bring the boundaries in so we can see more sixes. The stadium in Christchurch, NZ is the ideal size for T20. What's the point of T20 with so few sixes?
    It's not all about mediocre batsmen hammering hapless bowlers....

Kapu and Mathews showed that if you have the ability, the sixes will come. Now, anyone who says this is the most boring ever, obviously didn't watch this match between SL and India.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Great tournament FTR
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    This St Lucia stadium is way too big. They need to bring the boundaries in so we can see more sixes. The stadium in Christchurch, NZ is the ideal size for T20. What's the point of T20 with so few sixes?
    What's the point of any cricket where a mis-timed forward defensive flies for six, though? The ground where McCullum made that ton against Australia recently was tiny. Good knock, mind you, but postage stamp of a ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Officially signing on for this as the worst ever. I can't even be bothered to cricinfo the scores anymore. Cricket has definitely reached the overkill point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Can't be that bad with these two guys still playing.
    They're both out now.

Yeah worst world cup ever

Reckon the semis are going to be awesome in all seriousness.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Officially signing on for this as the worst ever. I can't even be bothered to cricinfo the scores anymore. Cricket has definitely reached the overkill point.
    Nah its been good. SA and India sucking is a shame, but shouldn't be a surprise.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Reckon the semis are going to be awesome in all seriousness.
    Reckon they'll both be walkovers to be honest, Australia and SL in the final.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

School Boy/Girl Captain GraemeSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    What's the point of any cricket where a mis-timed forward defensive flies for six, though? The ground where McCullum made that ton against Australia recently was tiny. Good knock, mind you, but postage stamp of a ground.
    The point of T20 is to have action packed cricket with tons of sixes. It's not a test of quality batting (that's what test matches are for) it's just supposed to be entertainment. You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke. I love the stadium in Christchurch, not only is it small but the crowd is right over the ground which makes it all the more fun watching the ball sail into the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Reckon they'll both be walkovers to be honest, Australia and SL in the final.
    Sounds awesome to me

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    The point of T20 is to have action packed cricket with tons of sixes. It's not a test of quality batting (that's what test matches are for) it's just supposed to be entertainment. You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke. I love the stadium in Christchurch, not only is it small but the crowd is right over the ground which makes it all the more fun watching the ball sail into the crowd.
    Maybe they just mistimed it? Just because they're strong blokes and can smash a ball doesn't mean it's going to fly for six every time, otherwise you'd see eleven Arnies lining up to have a hit. It's all a bit farcical if a batsman can hit a six at will because the boundaries are short, regardless of the bowling. Plus it's always disappointing when you see a six hit during a game, and then realise it's only a six because the boundaries have been bought in by 15 metres and in a proper game it would've been straight down a fielder's throat. It may be entertainment, but it's still cricket.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Yeah I love seeing top edges go for six. So fun to watch!
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Banned
    On the contrary, I prefer to see pitches where bowlers have a chance, which is why I prefer this world 20/20 champs to the IPL....

^ I perfer any tournment over IPL..

IPL is a sham and Phony tournment made for people like Modi to make millions of dollers out of.. it doesn't do any good for any format of the game..

IPL is blamed for the loss of India in this tournment.. just read an article in Cricinfo about how Gary Kristen thinks that the young IPL side that they took to WI lacked commitment..I mean why would they show any commitment.. they are making soo much money and what is the worst that could happen to them.. if they are out of the national side.. they will still be making millions of dollers playing IPL.. not to forget the fame that comes with it as the indian fans are treating IPL better than international cricket now..

as far as this tournment goes.. there were a couple of matches like Pak vs NZ and India vs SL that saved the tournment for me.. although still most of the matches were one sided and the whole rain thing in the first round was also troubling..

we have two matches left still.. hoping that we get a better final than last years world cup..
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information