• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst world cup ever?

AaronK

State Regular
i must say most of the matches have been once sided.. pak and NZ gave us a thrilling match but other than that it has been once sided..i enjoyed last year's world cup more..

Debris

International 12th Man
Last ODI world cup wins this title by the length of the straight. It was soul-destroyingly awful with everything from the shambles of an investigation surrounding Bob Woolmer's death to the farce that was the end of the final.

shivfan

Banned
Seems the West Indies games had good crowds and so did Australia-Pakistan so..
Besides people in the Caribbean actually WORK so morning games during weekdays aren't going to be full. You'll get larger crowds on the wekend especially Sundays after church.But hey, just complain why don't you?
Well said....
:cool:
It's nice to see pitches were bowlers have the edge for a change, and we're not seeing mediocre batsmen thrashing the ball to all parts on dead batting tracks.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
This St Lucia stadium is way too big. They need to bring the boundaries in so we can see more sixes. The stadium in Christchurch, NZ is the ideal size for T20. What's the point of T20 with so few sixes?

shivfan

Banned
This St Lucia stadium is way too big. They need to bring the boundaries in so we can see more sixes. The stadium in Christchurch, NZ is the ideal size for T20. What's the point of T20 with so few sixes?
It's not all about mediocre batsmen hammering hapless bowlers....

Kapu and Mathews showed that if you have the ability, the sixes will come. Now, anyone who says this is the most boring ever, obviously didn't watch this match between SL and India.
:cool:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the point of any cricket where a mis-timed forward defensive flies for six, though? The ground where McCullum made that ton against Australia recently was tiny. Good knock, mind you, but postage stamp of a ground.

duffer

Officially signing on for this as the worst ever. I can't even be bothered to cricinfo the scores anymore. Cricket has definitely reached the overkill point.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Officially signing on for this as the worst ever. I can't even be bothered to cricinfo the scores anymore. Cricket has definitely reached the overkill point.
Nah its been good. SA and India sucking is a shame, but shouldn't be a surprise.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
What's the point of any cricket where a mis-timed forward defensive flies for six, though? The ground where McCullum made that ton against Australia recently was tiny. Good knock, mind you, but postage stamp of a ground.
The point of T20 is to have action packed cricket with tons of sixes. It's not a test of quality batting (that's what test matches are for) it's just supposed to be entertainment. You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke. I love the stadium in Christchurch, not only is it small but the crowd is right over the ground which makes it all the more fun watching the ball sail into the crowd.

andyc

The point of T20 is to have action packed cricket with tons of sixes. It's not a test of quality batting (that's what test matches are for) it's just supposed to be entertainment. You know there is something wrong when strong guys like Morkel and Smith have trouble clearing the ground or even getting fours for that matter. These huge stadiums are a joke. I love the stadium in Christchurch, not only is it small but the crowd is right over the ground which makes it all the more fun watching the ball sail into the crowd.
Maybe they just mistimed it? Just because they're strong blokes and can smash a ball doesn't mean it's going to fly for six every time, otherwise you'd see eleven Arnies lining up to have a hit. It's all a bit farcical if a batsman can hit a six at will because the boundaries are short, regardless of the bowling. Plus it's always disappointing when you see a six hit during a game, and then realise it's only a six because the boundaries have been bought in by 15 metres and in a proper game it would've been straight down a fielder's throat. It may be entertainment, but it's still cricket.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I love seeing top edges go for six. So fun to watch!

shivfan

Banned
On the contrary, I prefer to see pitches where bowlers have a chance, which is why I prefer this world 20/20 champs to the IPL....

AaronK

State Regular
^ I perfer any tournment over IPL..

IPL is a sham and Phony tournment made for people like Modi to make millions of dollers out of.. it doesn't do any good for any format of the game..

IPL is blamed for the loss of India in this tournment.. just read an article in Cricinfo about how Gary Kristen thinks that the young IPL side that they took to WI lacked commitment..I mean why would they show any commitment.. they are making soo much money and what is the worst that could happen to them.. if they are out of the national side.. they will still be making millions of dollers playing IPL.. not to forget the fame that comes with it as the indian fans are treating IPL better than international cricket now..

as far as this tournment goes.. there were a couple of matches like Pak vs NZ and India vs SL that saved the tournment for me.. although still most of the matches were one sided and the whole rain thing in the first round was also troubling..

we have two matches left still.. hoping that we get a better final than last years world cup..