• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup TV Coverage

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone know who the host broadcaster is? I haven't seen a full game yet, but I watched the highlights of the NZ v Sri Lanka game, and - well - the directing was nothing short of awful. I'm unsure if the director/vision mixer has ever worked on a cricket match before - the camera cuts were atrocious. If a ball went in the air towards a fielder, they often cut to the bowler for reaction, rather than showing the catch! Perhaps he/she wasn't helped by some average camera operators, because I saw at least two whizz-pans in the 25-minute highlights package.

I can only hope it improves over the rest of the tournament.

pasag

RTDAS
I remember in 2007 it was an ICC in-house production, or something like that and they sold the footage to all the networks. Might be mistaken though.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't surprise me, considering the graphics. Although in that case, it makes the direction even more inexcusable.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're dead-right about the camera-cuts, especially noticeable in the replay of Guptill's six off Malinga where they got it totally wrong. Not only that, but noticed the cheapos didn't even have speed-guns either.

I will say this though, I am glad that 6s are 6s & catches are catches again after the whole DFL/Kamal BS in the last month.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
I will say this though, I am glad that 6s are 6s & catches are catches again after the whole DFL/Kamal BS in the last month.
And no more godforsaken blimps! Those 'MRF Blimp' plugs should be played on a loop in prisons as torture.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does anyone know who the host broadcaster is? I haven't seen a full game yet, but I watched the highlights of the NZ v Sri Lanka game, and - well - the directing was nothing short of awful. I'm unsure if the director/vision mixer has ever worked on a cricket match before - the camera cuts were atrocious. If a ball went in the air towards a fielder, they often cut to the bowler for reaction, rather than showing the catch! Perhaps he/she wasn't helped by some average camera operators, because I saw at least two whizz-pans in the 25-minute highlights package.

I can only hope it improves over the rest of the tournament.
It's ESPN/Star Sports. Up here we get reminder it's them every five effing minutes.

Probably Sky getting a disclaimer in.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I notice the first runout in Aamer's over was completely missed live - at least the ball hitting the stumps.

Last edited: