• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Okay the low scores worry me

GGG

State Captain
Curious considering we already have had 2 World Cups in the much more inconvenient time zone in Windies...
Coincidence that India games start at 9.30am, 7pm India time?

I am not knocking it, money talks and thats the way it is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Personally I like these pitches. Something in it for the bowlers as well if they're smart about their approach. Better than tossing a coin on a road.
I would agree.. Thing is there are 3 aspects here at least ini the St. Lucia ground..

1. Slow and low pitch
2. Heavy outfield
3. Big boundaries.

Any 1 out of the 3 is good and any 2 out of the 3 is fine too for T20s but all 3 are a bit of a dampener, tbh.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Is one option playing T20 matches on artificial pitches? Let's be honest, most fans go to T20 matches wanting to see big hits and lots of runs. Not low scores.
I am sure there are fans who like the format for sheer hitting. But there are some who enjoy close games or more competitive cricket...that can only be achieved when bat and ball have equal assistance from the pitch. Like any other format.

Faisal1985

Square boundaries at Adelaide Oval would beg to differ there.

Australia hasn't had an international tourney since 1992, and we still have to wait another 6 years to get one.
That is very surprising actually. One would think Australia would be a great location for big tournaments.

Faisal1985

^ Hmmm...well WI would be late night till early morning and England would be what....? something like that as well no??

G.I.Joe

International Coach
^ Hmmm...well WI would be late night till early morning and England would be what....? something like that as well no??
The WI don't matter as far as TV revenues go, and Morning in England is preferable to night there. SA and the sub continent work out the best as far as multinational tournaments go, from the television audience pov.