• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Michael Clarke appreciation thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably more to the point does anyone really care tbh?

Will win it for us tonight, heard it here first.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah this is what sticks on my mind. He was in there for the full 20 overs...20!!!! and still didn't even managed to get to 50, and was striking in the late 70's. Clarke may not have set the world alight, but 9 times out of 10 he can at least turn the strike over, and does get his s/r up over 100.
I mean really 9 times out of 10? :blink:

Clarke would have helped the team out though and just gotten out before the 20 overs had been completed.

Yeah that Hopes innings was one of the worst T20 innings I've seen.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I couldn't think of anything more bland than following the tweets of Clarke or Bingle.

I hope Clarke comes good in T20. I have voiced my opinion before on Clarke's lack of ability in the format and the multiple better options, but I accept he isn't getting dropped so simply want to see some improvement from him. Leading us to the Cup would make a nice start.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I was on twitter today and reading Michael Clarke's page. Does anyone know why he's still following Lara Bingle on twitter? :ph34r:
Professional sportspeople, especially the likes of Clake's, twitters are so sterilised these days it's no fun. Except Swanneh. He's hilarious, even more so when he was making pie jokes all the time as Bresnan's expense.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I couldn't think of anything more bland than following the tweets of Clarke or Bingle.

I hope Clarke comes good in T20. I have voiced my opinion before on Clarke's lack of ability in the format and the multiple better options, but I accept he isn't getting dropped so simply want to see some improvement from him. Leading us to the Cup would make a nice start.
Yeah, this.

He wasn't a bad ODI player at all in his first incarnation. Then as he's sorted out and tightened his technique for tests, he's become limited overs' mud.

Hoping he can find the balance and get good at the shorter stuff asap.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, I hope that he scores a decent amount of runs at pace tonight. I mean, he is capable, technically, of doing it, but I don't think he wants to. He's still half in test mode IMO.

Yeah, this.

He wasn't a bad ODI player at all in his first incarnation. Then as he's sorted out and tightened his technique for tests, he's become limited overs' mud.

Hoping he can find the balance and get good at the shorter stuff asap.
Definitely. Occasionally he does show that he, as I said, is capable of playing a good quick LO innings (the even-hundred against Pakistan last year in the ODI was really good to watch), but...

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I hope he makes a nice 12 off 8 balls or so and doesn't bowl, would be nice to see him get a run out from a direct hit too.

Spark

Global Moderator
I hope he makes a nice 12 off 8 balls or so and doesn't bowl, would be nice to see him get a run out from a direct hit too.
Definitely hope he doesn't bowl based on his bowling form... well, since Sydney '08. Then again, it is India...

Top_Cat

Must admit, I appreciate Clarke a lot more after he refused to give himself a bat last night.

Jayzamann

International Regular

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
At the moment, I don't think coming in at number three when the team has got off to a flying start is his best position, but who would you rather have in the Australian line up (from and Australian point of view) to be batting when they're 4/20 on a poor West Indian pitch trying to get the team to 120? I know I'd feel safer with Clarke there than almost anyone else.
Here's the chance for him to do that then...

Sir Alex

Banned
Still maintaining a higher six to four ratio, WAG.
Doing the job of luring opposition to thinking it's to easy and making it easy for Middle order to deliver the killer blow at death.

vcs

The old cliche of form and class comes to mind with regard to Clarke and limited overs cricket.