• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Michael Clarke appreciation thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Didn't he set his base price as $1m though, so he wasn't allowed to be bought for less than that?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
So Dhoni has a similar record to Clarke in T20I. Except Dhoni has never passed 50 like Clarke has.

How come people find that so hard to digest. Dhoni fanboys have got so upset that I have pointed that out.
We'll just ignore Dhoni's domestic record then?

DingDong

State Captain
Didn't he set his base price as $1m though, so he wasn't allowed to be bought for less than that?

that's ridiculous there are 50 fc only players id buy before i even think of clarke.

clarke should be realistic and value himself around $75,000

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of an arbitrary line in the sand considering how little international T20 is played compared to domestic T20's isn't it?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These are the Australian players I think would be better suited to the Australian T20 team:

Hodge (obviously no chance of being selected)
Hopes (is he injured?)
Marsh
Paine
Voges
Ferguson (injured still I think?)
Bailey
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan :ph34r:
Please tell me you're joking?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
that's ridiculous there are 50 fc only players id buy before i even think of clarke.

clarke should be realistic and value himself around $75,000
Yeah , now I'd agree with you. not so sure that was the perception 2.5-3 years ago though.

Tbh, I can't recall, it frankly means so very little to me.

andyc

Clarke currently averaging 9, at a strike rate of 86 after two games. Watch this space.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, I'd take Hopes over Clarke in T20. I saw what Hopes could do in 2008. Haven't seen Clarke do anything near that yet.
Hmm, not hugely sold on that one. Just can't get out of my brain the horror of Hopes' knock in the Big Bash playoff to get into the Champions League. Plus his inability to play most spin.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hmm, not hugely sold on that one. Just can't get out of my brain the horror of Hopes' knock in the Big Bash playoff to get into the Champions League. Plus his inability to play most spin.
Add in the fact that his bowling, whilst servicable in ODIs, is utterly smashable in T20 cricket.

Johnners

Yeah this is what sticks on my mind. He was in there for the full 20 overs...20!!!! and still didn't even managed to get to 50, and was striking in the late 70's. Clarke may not have set the world alight, but 9 times out of 10 he can at least turn the strike over, and does get his s/r up over 100.

Shri

Mr. Glass
India Vs Australia today. Should be good fun playing them in t20s after some time. Wary about White, Warner and Dussey today. Not to mention their pace bowlers that is. Expecting Vijay, Yuvraj and Dhoni to fire. Spin bowling is going to important. Not the turn but the bounce.

Sir Alex

Banned
India Vs Australia today. Should be good fun playing them in t20s after some time. Wary about White, Warner and Dussey today. Not to mention their pace bowlers that is. Expecting Vijay, Yuvraj and Dhoni to fire. Spin bowling is going to important. Not the turn but the bounce.
Not a mention of Clarke in there. And this is supposed to be HIS thread.

Shri

Mr. Glass
@ Alex

Oh, yeah. Thanks for the notification. I would take great care next time to meet the posting criteria in threads set by you. I do really care about what you think. :)

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was on twitter today and reading Michael Clarke's page. Does anyone know why he's still following Lara Bingle on twitter? :ph34r: