• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar and T20 International Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
How many days before is the question.
Make up your mind. You keep alternating between it being played before the ODI series, and during the ODI series.

It's not a precedent. Tell me a situation when an Indian player was released to feature in a domestic match 4 days before a series. It has been widely criticised that players didn't get sufficient time to prepare for their matches anyway, but that's not relevant here.
It is precedent. You just refuse to accept it as such. If anything the IPL-WT20 situation was even more tiring than playing a T20 in India before a ODI series in India.

Wrong. Tendulkar has already retired from T20Is, so BCCI cannot push him to play those. He is contracted to play test cricket and ODI cricket for BCCI.

There is no need for blame game here. BCCI is right in not releasing Tendulkar to play in a meaningless T20 tournament 4 days before the Aus ODI series started. Indian cricket is not Sachin's fiefdom so that he can defy BCCI and play whenever he liked.
Thats ridiculous. I could easily turn it around and demand proof of the BCCI explicitly prohibiting Sachin from participating in the 2009 tournament. See how two can play at a game?

Curious, why no mention of Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly?
Post no 23. You're just wound up because the argument centers around the great Tendulkar and not the others specifically, aren't you? Called out on your motive ages ago.

Sir Alex

Banned
Make up your mind. You keep alternating between it being played before the ODI series, and during the ODI series.
I have already made up my mind. It is you who is flipflopping. You first said India didn't play any cricket in 2009. Now you conveniently changed that.
:laugh:

It is precedent. You just refuse to accept it as such. If anything the IPL-WT20 situation was even more tiring than playing a T20 in India before a ODI series in India.
:laugh: Tendulkar's situation rose in 2009 Oct. T20 WC situation in 2010. How can that be "precedent"??:wacko: Anyway it is irrelevant because they also didn't play cricket for 5 days before their match against Afghanistan.

Thats ridiculous. I could easily turn it around and demand proof of the BCCI explicitly prohibiting Sachin from participating in the 2009 tournament. See how two can play at a game?
This isn't even a game. Unless Mumbai requested, and BCCI agreed to, and Tendulkar refused, your case does not hold any water.

Post no 23. You're just wound up because the argument centers around the great Tendulkar and not the others specifically, aren't you? Called out on your motive ages ago.
:laugh: Yeah cop out. You seem to only target Tendulkar when you have 3 retired veterans, who did not even feature in the Australia ODIs not participating in the T20 competition. You tried opening an argument which was flatly knocked down and you're now trying to salvage the situation. :sleep:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I have already made up my mind. It is you who is flipflopping. You first said India didn't play any cricket in 2009. Now you conveniently changed that.
:laugh:
WTH. You're ******** if thats what you get from that. I don't want to get personal, but there's no other way one could describe your interpretation of that statement. Do you really expect someone to be stupid enough to think he could get away with the claim that India played absolutely no cricket in the entire year?
Wow. Words fail me.
Well, actually they didn't, since I obviously just typed that bit out. But hey, in your dimension that probably was not a figure of speech, but just another damn lie.

:laugh: Tendulkar's situation rose in 2009 Oct. T20 WC situation in 2010. How can that be "precedent"??:wacko: Anyway it is irrelevant because they also didn't play cricket for 5 days before their match against Afghanistan.
Its the same principle. Its the same cricket board. True, 'precedent' isn't the right word, but the situations are comparable enough to draw reasonable conclusions. The Indian team had to travel around the globe after an 8 week tournament and overcome fatigue and jet lag in those five days. Sachin playing a T20 five days before an ODI in the exact same country is definitely less tiring than that. Its that simple.

This isn't even a game. Unless Mumbai requested, and BCCI agreed to, and Tendulkar refused, your case does not hold any water.
Haha, no. You're just running round in circles.

:laugh: Yeah cop out. You seem to only target Tendulkar when you have 3 retired veterans, who did not even feature in the Australia ODIs not participating in the T20 competition. You tried opening an argument which was flatly knocked down and you're now trying to salvage the situation. :sleep:
Dude, you're just sore Tendulkar was the focus here. I've already mentioned it applies to everyone in a similar situation, but you seem to want to ignore that and need each and every one of them named because you can't stand him being the sole focus here and want to attribute some sort of ulterior motive on part for my argument (and incidentally you might want to read through the thread before I came in to find out why Tendulkar was the focus. I wasn't the one who brought him up to begin with).

And I'm fairly certain you're going to stick to your guns here, Sir Alex, and you can be certain I'm not going to waste more of my time seeing you nitpick and trump up even more excuses, so I'm done. I can't believe I actually got sucked into having to spell out something so bleeding obvious to everyone but the most ardent of fanboys. Carry on throwing in as many condescending and mocking smilies as you wish, Sir Alex. Its the sign of a disrespectful internet warrior, and unfortunately you can't blame that sort of behaviour on a drinking binge, macha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.