Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar and T20 International Cricket

  1. #31
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    21
    10dulkar is 10dulkar...

    he is too smart to decide which tornament to play and which to not...
    When India won 2007 WC than only he must have decided not to play 20 20 INT again..

    Thats how he should do it...

  2. #32
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    So your argument below is stupid as well

    It says 2009. Not 2008. Why are you so confused?



    Yeah he should be playing a meaningless T20 league match 4 days before an ODI series between World No.1 and World No.2, when would he then join the squad? Further where is proof that BCCI would have released him to play even if he wanted to?

    Also I asked you where is the precedent??
    Precedent is indian players playing an IPL final 5 days before a T20 world cup. Already been mentioned. Try and keep up. It takes longer and more toll to travel halfway round the globe than to join a squad for the next tournament right at home. Its pretty simple if you don't let your fanboyism cloud your thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    It says 2009. Not 2008. Why are you so confused?
    Easy on the lies mate. You said India didn't play any cricket in 2009.




    Precedent is indian players playing an IPL final 5 days before a T20 world cup. Already been mentioned. Try and keep up. It takes longer and more toll to travel halfway round the globe than to join a squad for the next tournament right at home. Its pretty simple if you don't let your fanboyism cloud your thinking.
    No that's not precedent. Precedent is when an Indian player actually appeared in a gully-danda contest within 5 days preceding a major ODI tournament. Travelling isn't playing as the chances of you getting injured etc are minimal. I think you are confusing commonsense with fanboyism.

    I request you to please find the source which said Sachin turned down playing in that tournament (which for all purposes is a second tier tournament to IPL), despite BCCI releasing him. Because the request has to come from Mumbai team, and BCCI has to grant that. Tendulkar in hardly a party in this unless he refused to partake in that after getting BCCI permission.

  4. #34
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Easy on the lies mate. You said India didn't play any cricket in 2009.
    Now you're just being ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand that I meant while the 2009 Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy was on. Its a pretty obvious implication. If you really think I claimed India didn't play any cricket in the entire year, you're beyond help.




    No that's not precedent. Precedent is when an Indian player actually appeared in a gully-danda contest within 5 days preceding a major ODI tournament. Travelling isn't playing as the chances of you getting injured etc are minimal. I think you are confusing commonsense with fanboyism.
    You're just nitpicking by refusing to equate one T20 tournament with another. Its like saying India didn't win the World T20 in 2007 because there was no precedent of them winning a multinational T20 tournament earlier. You're missing the concept of precedents not being required to be carbon copies of each other. IPL is 'gully danda' cricket too, FYI. Besides, I must have missed the part where travelling from one part of India to another induces more jet lag and tires you out lesser than a 24 hour flight across the globe. Not to mention getting used to the different conditions etc.


    I request you to please find the source which said Sachin turned down playing in that tournament (which for all purposes is a second tier tournament to IPL), despite BCCI releasing him. Because the request has to come from Mumbai team, and BCCI has to grant that. Tendulkar in hardly a party in this unless he refused to partake in that after getting BCCI permission.
    Haha, yet more nitpicking. If Sachin wanted to play, he would have played. You're just trying to dream up scenarios and excuses for your hero.
    Last edited by Furball; 18-05-2010 at 03:49 PM.


  5. #35
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,185
    I am about to browse cyanide and happiness gijoe. I suggest you do the same and keep your sanity intact.

    Regards,

    Shri.

  6. #36
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,973
    To say it's not for money is ridiculous. I'd do the same, but of course it's for money. If he cared about the format, he'd want to win a WC trophy, especially as it looks like the rest of the Indian batsmen think the bouncer hasn't existed in cricket since bodyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Now you're just being ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand that I meant while the 2009 Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy was on. Its a pretty obvious implication. If you really think I claimed India didn't play any cricket in the entire year, you're beyond help.
    India did play Australia during the Syed Musthaq trophy. How many times I've to say that to register in your brain





    You're just nitpicking by refusing to equate one T20 tournament with another. Its like saying India didn't win the World T20 in 2007 because there was no precedent of them winning a multinational T20 tournament earlier. You're missing the concept of precedents not being required to be carbon copies of each other. IPL is 'gully danda' cricket too, FYI. Besides, I must have missed the part where travelling from one part of India to another induces more jet lag and tires you out lesser than a 24 hour flight across the globe. Not to mention getting used to the different conditions etc.
    Don't be facetious. And don't try to evade.I shall repeat, where is the precedent when 4 days before the start of a major series, a star player is asked to participate in a obscure domestic competition??



    Haha, yet more nitpicking. If Sachin wanted to play, he would have played. You're just trying to dream up scenarios and excuses for your hero.
    Really? I thought he was employed by BCCI and contracted by them to feature in the tournaments they want him to play. There is no need for excuses here, by resorting to such vague terms, you are just exposing the shallowness of your own posts.



  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    I am about to browse cyanide and happiness gijoe. I suggest you do the same and keep your sanity intact.

    Regards,

    Shri.


    (Happy?)

  9. #39
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    India did play Australia during the Syed Musthaq trophy. How many times I've to say that to register in your brain
    You could say it a million times, and it would still not alter the fact that Mumbai played before the series started. I suggest you check the dates.





    Don't be facetious. And don't try to evade.I shall repeat, where is the precedent when 4 days before the start of a major series, a star player is asked to participate in a obscure domestic competition??
    You're the one evading the fact that many Indian players played a T20 finaljust before travelling around the globe for a T20 World Cup. Thats precedent. You just refuse to accept it because it doesn't suit your argument.




    Really? I thought he was employed by BCCI and contracted by them to feature in the tournaments they want him to play. There is no need for excuses here, by resorting to such vague terms, you are just exposing the shallowness of your own posts.


    Er no, if the BCCI had that much of a say in what he could and couldn't play, they'd have had his ass on a plane to the T20 WC pronto. You're just trying to shift blame from one party to another. If Sachin wanted to play, he'd have played. If Sachin doesn't want to play, he doesn't. Simple as.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    You could say it a million times, and it would still not alter the fact that Mumbai played before the series started. I suggest you check the dates.
    How many days before is the question.
    You're the one evading the fact that many Indian players played a T20 finaljust before travelling around the globe for a T20 World Cup. Thats precedent. You just refuse to accept it because it doesn't suit your argument.
    It's not a precedent. Tell me a situation when an Indian player was released to feature in a domestic match 4 days before a series. It has been widely criticised that players didn't get sufficient time to prepare for their matches anyway, but that's not relevant here.


    Er no, if the BCCI had that much of a say in what he could and couldn't play, they'd have had his ass on a plane to the T20 WC pronto. You're just trying to shift blame from one party to another. If Sachin wanted to play, he'd have played. If Sachin doesn't want to play, he doesn't. Simple as.
    Wrong. Tendulkar has already retired from T20Is, so BCCI cannot push him to play those. He is contracted to play test cricket and ODI cricket for BCCI.

    There is no need for blame game here. BCCI is right in not releasing Tendulkar to play in a meaningless T20 tournament 4 days before the Aus ODI series started. Indian cricket is not Sachin's fiefdom so that he can defy BCCI and play whenever he liked.

    Curious, why no mention of Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly?

  11. #41
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    How many days before is the question.
    Make up your mind. You keep alternating between it being played before the ODI series, and during the ODI series.

    It's not a precedent. Tell me a situation when an Indian player was released to feature in a domestic match 4 days before a series. It has been widely criticised that players didn't get sufficient time to prepare for their matches anyway, but that's not relevant here.
    It is precedent. You just refuse to accept it as such. If anything the IPL-WT20 situation was even more tiring than playing a T20 in India before a ODI series in India.



    Wrong. Tendulkar has already retired from T20Is, so BCCI cannot push him to play those. He is contracted to play test cricket and ODI cricket for BCCI.

    There is no need for blame game here. BCCI is right in not releasing Tendulkar to play in a meaningless T20 tournament 4 days before the Aus ODI series started. Indian cricket is not Sachin's fiefdom so that he can defy BCCI and play whenever he liked.
    Thats ridiculous. I could easily turn it around and demand proof of the BCCI explicitly prohibiting Sachin from participating in the 2009 tournament. See how two can play at a game?

    Curious, why no mention of Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly?
    Post no 23. You're just wound up because the argument centers around the great Tendulkar and not the others specifically, aren't you? Called out on your motive ages ago.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Make up your mind. You keep alternating between it being played before the ODI series, and during the ODI series.
    I have already made up my mind. It is you who is flipflopping. You first said India didn't play any cricket in 2009. Now you conveniently changed that.


    It is precedent. You just refuse to accept it as such. If anything the IPL-WT20 situation was even more tiring than playing a T20 in India before a ODI series in India.
    Tendulkar's situation rose in 2009 Oct. T20 WC situation in 2010. How can that be "precedent"?? Anyway it is irrelevant because they also didn't play cricket for 5 days before their match against Afghanistan.


    Thats ridiculous. I could easily turn it around and demand proof of the BCCI explicitly prohibiting Sachin from participating in the 2009 tournament. See how two can play at a game?
    This isn't even a game. Unless Mumbai requested, and BCCI agreed to, and Tendulkar refused, your case does not hold any water.


    Post no 23. You're just wound up because the argument centers around the great Tendulkar and not the others specifically, aren't you? Called out on your motive ages ago.
    Yeah cop out. You seem to only target Tendulkar when you have 3 retired veterans, who did not even feature in the Australia ODIs not participating in the T20 competition. You tried opening an argument which was flatly knocked down and you're now trying to salvage the situation.

  13. #43
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947

    Icon14

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    I have already made up my mind. It is you who is flipflopping. You first said India didn't play any cricket in 2009. Now you conveniently changed that.
    WTH. You're ******** if thats what you get from that. I don't want to get personal, but there's no other way one could describe your interpretation of that statement. Do you really expect someone to be stupid enough to think he could get away with the claim that India played absolutely no cricket in the entire year?
    Wow. Words fail me.
    Well, actually they didn't, since I obviously just typed that bit out. But hey, in your dimension that probably was not a figure of speech, but just another damn lie.


    Tendulkar's situation rose in 2009 Oct. T20 WC situation in 2010. How can that be "precedent"?? Anyway it is irrelevant because they also didn't play cricket for 5 days before their match against Afghanistan.
    Its the same principle. Its the same cricket board. True, 'precedent' isn't the right word, but the situations are comparable enough to draw reasonable conclusions. The Indian team had to travel around the globe after an 8 week tournament and overcome fatigue and jet lag in those five days. Sachin playing a T20 five days before an ODI in the exact same country is definitely less tiring than that. Its that simple.


    This isn't even a game. Unless Mumbai requested, and BCCI agreed to, and Tendulkar refused, your case does not hold any water.
    Haha, no. You're just running round in circles.



    Yeah cop out. You seem to only target Tendulkar when you have 3 retired veterans, who did not even feature in the Australia ODIs not participating in the T20 competition. You tried opening an argument which was flatly knocked down and you're now trying to salvage the situation.
    Dude, you're just sore Tendulkar was the focus here. I've already mentioned it applies to everyone in a similar situation, but you seem to want to ignore that and need each and every one of them named because you can't stand him being the sole focus here and want to attribute some sort of ulterior motive on part for my argument (and incidentally you might want to read through the thread before I came in to find out why Tendulkar was the focus. I wasn't the one who brought him up to begin with).

    And I'm fairly certain you're going to stick to your guns here, Sir Alex, and you can be certain I'm not going to waste more of my time seeing you nitpick and trump up even more excuses, so I'm done. I can't believe I actually got sucked into having to spell out something so bleeding obvious to everyone but the most ardent of fanboys. Carry on throwing in as many condescending and mocking smilies as you wish, Sir Alex. Its the sign of a disrespectful internet warrior, and unfortunately you can't blame that sort of behaviour on a drinking binge, macha.
    Last edited by andyc; 19-05-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Accusations of multis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •