• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is going to win the 20-20 world cup ?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I stopped reading. He has one of the best Int20/20 records going around, and he just scored 100 against a very good attack only a month or so ago.
In a meaningless game against crap bowling on an absolute road.

Look at his record in proper meaningful contests. Rubbish.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke batted for a big chunk and NZ still needed a super over to win. So yes of course that discredits the score. A ton on an average pitch is worth more clearly.

The fact, and honest NZ fans know this, is McCullum does not perform when it matters most. Being a good flat-track bully does not make you a good batsman. Being a good batsman means you score runs in competitions like this. His record in such situations is poor, in pretty much every format.

Stapel

International Regular
TBH, when any of the top 8 teams play eachother in T20, the odds are never outside 60-40. So any team can win this...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Top runscorer in Twenty20 international cricket (albeit with possibly most number of games), a more than acceptable average of 36.55 (7th highest for those who have played 10 or more T20Is and about 20th otherwise) and a strike rate of 133. Yep, McCullum's a poor Twenty20 player alright.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Top runscorer in Twenty20 international cricket (albeit with possibly most number of games), a more than acceptable average of 36.55 (7th highest for those who have played 10 or more T20Is and about 20th otherwise) and a strike rate of 133. Yep, McCullum's a poor Twenty20 player alright.
McCullum is a good T20 batsman I reckon, but we are too early in the history of T20s to find "great" T20 batsmen. But his Achilles heel has been spin. His lowest SRs are against the sides with best exponents of spin. Same pattern is evident when his ODI stats are examined.

If Sanga decides to open with Malinga and Randiv, things can get interesting.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, look, I'm not suggesting McCullum is going to guide us to victory - I've known him far too long to expect that. But some of Scaly's analysis defies belief.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Sri Lanka. They have players who thrive under the West Indian conditions. Besides Sanga. Jaya and Mathews are in good form, so is Malinga. Only worry is the form of openers but given their pedigree, it's only one innings away.
Yeah, this was my thinking. Seemed to be having a lot of players coming into form at the right time. We'll see how they do.