• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia Squad discussion thread

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'm not a fan of seeing unfit and out-of-form players get their **** carted because of incumbency.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm Michael Clarke cost a win against Zimbabwe scoring to slowly. Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson were the pick of the bowlers though, good to see Lee in particular keeping the runs down.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah, nothing new in that match. Hauritz and Christian's bowling pumped, Clarke bats too slow. Surprise.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd suggest they'll go with Harris. If you have both Tait and Nannes in the line-up, you'll need a bit more batting and Harris is a better bat and field. Bollinger in slightly better form overall (perhaps not in LO matches) with the ball but I'd think Harris' all-round qualities would see him get the nod.

pasag

RTDAS
Harris
Nannes
Tait
Bollinger

Should be the bowling lineup, which along with Watto is an excellent attack save for the lack of spin.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollinger has his good and bad days at the death, he's not really suited to it but at least he's a bit more awkward. Harris on the other hand is just beautiful to smash out of the park. Not too fast, skids on nicely, no variety. The batting isn't really a factor for me.

If they plan on bowling Harris out at the start, then Bollinger is still better. If they plan on bowling Harris a couple at the death. Bollinger is much better.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollinger has his good and bad days at the death, he's not really suited to it but at least he's a bit more awkward. Harris on the other hand is just beautiful to smash out of the park. Not too fast, skids on nicely, no variety. The batting isn't really a factor for me.

If they plan on bowling Harris out at the start, then Bollinger is still better. If they plan on bowling Harris a couple at the death. Bollinger is much better.
Only one will be selected and it's Harris

Bollinger is a better left armer than Johnson and Nannes

Harris is more reliable than Lee

Guys like Christian are barely serviceable state players

Oz selectors dont watch cricket

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
FFS, why not pick Bollinger? One of the best in the world at the moment. Jesus christ!
:lol:

Calm down... Im sure the selectors were tossing up between him and Harris. One of the best in the world is a slight overstatement though.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reading Scaly's assessment of Harris, then looking at Harris's International Stats so far... just have to laugh really.

And why no Jonners Pasag?