• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah it'll depend on the situation as to who comes out next. If a wicket falls soon it'll be Botha; Johnston and Mooney are more suited to the end of a T20 innings though so the 'plan' is generally for Botha to not bat at al.
Botha should have probably came in for O'Brien ver II, he would be best to launch at the end. Mooney's crap.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Blimey when i said "we'd throw the kitchen sink at them" i didn't expect it to be this bad!! :laugh: , Ireland awoke the beast in us today and when that happens we can beat anyone tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blimey when i said "we'd throw the kitchen sink at them" i didn't expect it to be this bad!! :laugh: , Ireland awoke the beast in us today and when that happens we can beat anyone tbh.
Lucky for everyone else it only happens two or three times a decade then.

Burgey

Well we took out England last year in the tests!!, and didn't we beat Australia, India and England in the last t20 cup too? nah of course we didn't!! 8-) .
True. When they write the history of the mid-late :naughty:'s, they'll clearly call it "The Second Great Windies Epoch".

All power to the all-conquering juggernaut.

James

Cricket Web Owner
This thread is about the Twenty20 World Cup Group D containing West Indies, England, Ireland. Nothing to do with how the West Indies perform in Test cricket.

Back on topic please, or take it to another thread.

masterblaster

International Captain
Ireland bowled really well today and the 17 year old spinner bowled beautifully. The pitch in Guyana was disappointing though and hopefully some of the other pitches will have some more pace on them than this one did.

Uppercut

Ireland bowled really well today and the 17 year old spinner bowled beautifully. The pitch in Guyana was disappointing though and hopefully some of the other pitches will have some more pace on them than this one did.
Had enough pace in them when Kemar Roach was bowling :dry:.

Delighted with the bowling and fielding performance though. Just needed a bit more luck to get through the opening spell. After losing such important batsmen in the first couple of overs it's always going to be difficult.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Afganistan leapfrogging Ireland as the next test nation? I thought Irish would have given a better fight.

shivfan

Banned
Didn't Andre take catches and stump players with he kept wicket when we played Ireland in the warm up matches recently? :unsure: he's ok with the gloves imo, and he can still improve, Ramdin seems to have lost all confidence with the bat and i think it's time to give Fletcher an extended period with the gloves, not just one game here and there, lets give him three or four games to see what he can really do behind the stumps, i believe his batting will improve with more experience too.
Possibly....

Let's see if he's given the gloves for this match. Personally, I would feel nervous watching Fletcher keep wicket today, but we can only see if Gibson feels confident enough in Fletcher's ability. I don't....

Last year, I was full of confidence that WI would beat England, and I made some money on that match from paddy Power, who saw things differently.
:)
Today, I don't feel so confident. As Viv Richards said, the England selectors seem to have a better understanding of 20/20 cricket, and have selected a squad that should play this format much better. I do think England have a good chance of going all the way. The only player I think England will miss is Owais Shah. These pitches require batsmen who can play spin, and IMHO Shah would've been useful.

Good to see that both Gayle and Taylor are fit....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Stuck some money on WI today, we are slight favourites with the bookies. Would have had Windies slight favourites myself.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On Twitter Bumble reckons that after seeing practice; Lumb will play and Bopara won't with Sidey in for Broad.

shivfan

Banned
Given that Bopara always makes runs against us, and that he has hit a few good scores recently, I will be happy if he's omitted....

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that Bopara always makes runs against us, and that he has hit a few good scores recently, I will be happy if he's omitted....
Because you insisted on dropping every catchable opportunity he gave you...