Cricket Player Manager
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yep. TBH given that we've been shafted and now Ireland are about to be, the only fair thing to do is kick West indies out instead
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Yeah Ireland v unlucky here, they had a real chance of getting 121 (my money was on England tbf) but going out like this stinks.

Guyana in the ****ing rainy season. It's a ****ing joke.

Unlucky Ireland we didn't deserve it.

This tournament is looking a tad farcical now.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

And no spare days for rain. I mean, whod've thunk it might rain in this part of the world in the wet season?

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Rubbish when it rains, but a bit of good luck for us there. No more matches in Guyana now which is good.

Massive bullet successfully avoided

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Ugh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    No, they definitely are. I'd bet my life on it. They always have been too. Imagine a team scores 250 in an ODI, then the team chasing scores 100/0 after 19 overs before there's a rain delay. Now I think we'll both agree that the chasing team is well ahead of the game because they thought they'd be chasing it down in 50 overs and they're going well above the rate with no wickets down. But now imagine that they're coming back out for one over - a T20 score the equivalent to 250 in ODI would probably be about 150.. surely they're not going to be expected to score 51 off one over!

Well they wouldn't be, because what they've already scored in the original chase counts.

And if you still don't believe, I don't care. Go and fiddle around with the online calculator and you'll see that the score counts.
    In that case, as per DL they definitely won't be needing 150odd from 20 overs, but some 80 or so only. So if they get one more over and the match is called off after that they'd be winners.

(Not letting you get away with this )

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Think we would have defended the score if given the full 20, but it's pretty disappointing not to get a conclusive result. Sad for Ireland, but glad we scraped through.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    It could've gone either way obviously, but its just crushing for us to end like that. We don't get a crack at England every day.

I've only seen Ant Botha bowl twice: once today and once in that game v Pakistan. I really enjoy watching him bowl: cheeky little nagging inswingers that seem just about impossible to get away. I can imagine him still wheeling those out to good effect in club cricket till he's about 90.

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    I've only seen Ant Botha bowl twice: once today and once in that game v Pakistan. I really enjoy watching him bowl: cheeky little nagging inswingers that seem just about impossible to get away. I can imagine him still wheeling those out to good effect in club cricket till he's about 90.
    He was absolutely awesome in the 2007 World Cup. Ridiculously hard to get away; was actually the best middle overs bowler on show IMO. Pitch conditions then (and indeed in this tournament) favour him a lot though.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Would you like it if on a fine morning KP and Swann decide to play for India just because India promised them million dollar contracts?

Point is if this trend continues, ie Ireland acting as a feeder pool for England, how're they EVER going to be any good at International level?

There should be ICC imposed cool off period wherein no player should be allowed to represent another country within 3 years of last representing his own nation.
    The first instance simply wouldn't happen. There's strict eligibility criteria where a player has to live and work in a country for 4 years in order to switch nations. I simply don't see Swann and KP grinding it out in the Ranji Trophy for 4 years to play for India.

Once you've played for a Full Member, you can't switch countries for 4 years.

What I don't like is that the likes of Morgan and Joyce are ineligible for their country of origin. There's nothing wrong with a player from an associate wanting to play at a higher level, but it's wrong that they then have to requalify for their original side.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He was absolutely awesome in the 2007 World Cup. Ridiculously hard to get away; was actually the best middle overs bowler on show IMO. Pitch conditions then (and indeed in this tournament) favour him a lot though.
    No-one seemed to comment on it at the time, or since, though - I was starting to wonder if I'd imagined it

BBC now leading with the optimistic headline "England through after rain drama"

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread Information