Cricket Player Manager
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Good to see we have a female brain manning the laptop.
    Stuart Broad's sister
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Good to see we have a female brain manning the laptop.
    Still Broad's sister?

Edit : Me sloooooow.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    English parents, son of a former Yorkshire opener and has played all of his first-class cricket for English sides...nothing to see here
    There will be a breaking point Geraint, once more & more South African's realise the can have a better live & earn more money & it gets to a point that there are more S African-born than English-born players in the team, I think English fans will start wincing a little.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 04-05-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Think its Stuart Broads sister tbph
    Yeah, I know. Lol, can imagine how much my brother would love it if I was sat in the dressing room with him all the time.

****ing rain

there's stuff i wanna watch on my sky+ before I go to bed and this doesn't help

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    Don't know anyone who cares apart from my Dad, and he's a cynical old bastard who would be disappointed if he didn't have anything to complain about.

Anyway, we'll be off again now.
    Just to come back on this, someone like Paul Horton, would love him to play for England, lived in Australia till he was in his early teens, but has been in the Lancashire system since he was U15 (English parents), don't think I would feel any better if some Yorkie was in the side ahead of him.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    There will be a breaking point Geraint, once more & more South African's realise the can have a better live & earn more money & it gets to a point that there are more S African-born than English-born players in the team, I think English fans will start wincing a little.
    The point is he's not a 'South African' really, given that his folks are English, of course that's going off my definition of nationality. The only person in our side with no parental link to England as far as I can tell is Morgan...

Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Agreed - but I think Geraint's right to point out that someone like Lumb, especially with two English parents, isn't the same as Trott or Kieswetter who has represented SA at some junior level.

Shame for both teams

120 was all Ireland could've hoped for and "maybe" Eng didnt deserve to be in sudden death after knocking up 191 yesterday

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Regardless of how you view nationality, it's tough to believe that only 2/6 of the best batsmen in the country weren't actually born here is a coincidence.

They may not have learnt their cricket overseas (though some have), but I believe they learnt their attitude towards competition and the game. That's more what I think is wrong with England producing their own batsmen.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Lumb sounds a yarp, tbf.

Ironically, given his name and being an ex SAU19 player, Kieswetter probably has the least saffie inflection to his accent of our converts.

I personally think we're obliged to pick our best players, regardless of birthplace or upbringing. System needs overhauling from the bottom up until we produce more quality natives.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Do we have a lot more Saffas coming through at the moment? I kind of assume that these things come and go and so numbers in the side will change soon enough.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Well, the better young batsmen coming through are probably Taylor, Vince, Denly, Northeast and in OD cricket arguably Hales (possibly forgetting someone obvious; Hamilton-Brown appears to have something about him too). Don't think any of those lads are South African. Think it's just a phase that will pass tbh.
    Last edited by King Pietersen; 04-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Malan's been around A squads and Moore got that ton v Oz in the Loins game last year.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Vaughan's saying shorter matches favour Ireland. Don't know if that's entirely true in the case of this particular team. Their players aren't generally capable of humming along at 10 an over for the last five the way we're accustomed to seeing test sides go.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread Information