• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing hell Stirling. Two men out in the deep and you try to ****ing clear one. ****.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Is it just me or was that catch not quite as great as Lloyd was making out,
Yeah, don't think It was amazing, but looked like the ground out there was a bit damp so he couldn't get in to position easy..if it was dry he could have got there quicker and taken it regulation.

Zinzan

Wow, just realised Lumb is another South African born, so in the top 5 only Collingwood was English-born, hehe, this is getting crazy. Feel a bit for the fans tbh

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, just realised Lumb is another South African born, so only in the top 5 only Collingwood was born in England, hehe, this is getting crazy. Feel a bit for the fans tbh
Don't worry about us. We don't care!

Anyway, Lumb is the son of a Yorkshire cricketer. Hardly a total South African.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
:laugh: Brilliant theory. What about the players equipment too? A cricket bat + torrential rain is not a great combination. There's already talks of there being a shortage in willow round the corner, so this theory would exacerbate that issue further. Then there's also the matter of dark clouds normally causing rain, meaning visibility of the batsmen isn't going to be great, so in-turn all the overs in rain would have to be bowled by spinners. The cost of ruined equipment, countless new balls and decreased visibility makes it a pretty poor theory tbh. I'd actually rather stick with D/L than this idea.
Rain is not going to have much of an effect on the bat unless it is absolutely pouring and even then the batsman can easily replace the bat. The amount of money it would cost in equipment is miniscule compared to the money lost in matches that get rained out/shortened. As for the the visibility issue most stadiums these days have lights which are often used late in the evening in test matches, so I don't see why they can't be turned on for a t20 game

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wow, just realised Lumb is another South African born, so in the top 5 only Collingwood was English-born, hehe, this is getting crazy. Feel a bit for the fans tbh
English parents, son of a former Yorkshire opener and has played all of his first-class cricket for English sides...nothing to see here

King Pietersen

International Captain
May have been born in South Africa, but his Father is English and played FC cricket for Yorkshire. Didn't play Junior cricket for South Africa, though played Junior cricket for Transvaal, but has played all his Professional cricket in England. He's certainly not South African though.

What a surprise, Sidebottom bowling the wrong length again. Bring back Jimmeh.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King Pietersen will be spitting chips about those SiBo boundaries.

Edit : Cricinfo sloooow

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
You (personally) maybe not, but I know a few who are starting to care as the side becomes less & less English by the year, including the likes of Botham & Boycott
Don't know anyone who cares apart from my Dad, and he's a cynical old bastard who would be disappointed if he didn't have anything to complain about.

Anyway, we'll be off again now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You (personally) maybe not, but I know a few who are starting to care as the side becomes less & less English by the year, including the likes of Botham & Boycott
I don't know any cricket fans that care

As for Botham & Boycott...meh...I love them both but imagine what Gordon Brown would call those two...

Zinzan

English parents, son of a former Yorkshire opener and has played all of his first-class cricket for English sides...nothing to see here
There will be a breaking point Geraint, once more & more South African's realise the can have a better live & earn more money & it gets to a point that there are more S African-born than English-born players in the team, I think English fans will start wincing a little.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
****ing rain

there's stuff i wanna watch on my sky+ before I go to bed and this doesn't help