• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
West Indies 2 wins 0 defeats 4 points
Duckworth Lewis 2 wins 0 defeats 4 points
Mother Nature 2 wins 0 defeats 4 points
Coin Toss 2 wins 0 defeats 4 points
Ireland 1 win 1 defeat 2 points
England 0 wins 2 defeats 0 points

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The rain's easing apparently. We could end up chasing the full total. And the Upholders of Traditional West Indian Incompetence thought they'd let it rain on the pitch a while longer :dry:.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland were gonna chase it down easy anyway...hopefully they get back on, after my win on WI yesterday i put it back on Ireland today

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Replace the ball every over or so depending upon how wet the outfield is. It is much more fair than the Duckworth-Lewis and we get to watch the whole game.

Uppercut

What about the ball? Sure the fielding side would love bowling with a wet ball.
Yeah that's true. Although they may end up playing under lights the longer the match goes on.

All this **** evens itself out no doubt. I won't complain unless the match is completely washed out. That would be a travesty.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Replace the ball every over or so depending upon how wet the outfield is. It is much more fair than the Duckworth-Lewis and we get to watch the whole game.
:laugh: Brilliant theory. What about the players equipment too? A cricket bat + torrential rain is not a great combination. There's already talks of there being a shortage in willow round the corner, so this theory would exacerbate that issue further. Then there's also the matter of dark clouds normally causing rain, meaning visibility of the batsmen isn't going to be great, so in-turn all the overs in rain would have to be bowled by spinners. The cost of ruined equipment, countless new balls and decreased visibility makes it a pretty poor theory tbh. I'd actually rather stick with D/L than this idea.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but I won't be complaining if that happens this time, we've batted really poorly and deserve to go out.
That'd be my take on it too. Obviosuly some halfwit DL calculation will be the icing on the cake, but any side batting like we did today can't have any complaints.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Would you like it if on a fine morning KP and Swann decide to play for India just because India promised them million dollar contracts?
I see nothing wrong with this. If anything the current rules should loosened up more to allow players to play for different countries. If a player is good enough they should be able to play at the top level, regardless of nationality.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's ridiculous that England are allowed to steal players like Morgan from Ireland. How are they going to be a good team when all their promising players are poached by Eng?
Yes, god forbid movement between borders here in the 21st century

King Pietersen

International Captain
Doesn't look like Stirling's hanging around. Not quite Chris Gayle though is he.

Ohhh, what a catch from Michael Lumb. Back you go Stirling; Nick Knight still hasn't seen him get a run.

Zinzan

Is it just me or was that catch not quite as great as Lloyd was making out,