• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Sir Alex

Banned
I hate these sorts of comments, as the word poaching suggests we're stealing these players against their wills and making them play for us. Morgan decided he wanted to play a higher standard of cricket and ultimately wants to play Test cricket. It's not looking like Ireland will reach that level any time soon, so he decided to take the time to qualify for England. It's Morgan's choice to play for England, we didn't force him to leave Irish cricket and play for England.
Would you like it if on a fine morning KP and Swann decide to play for India just because India promised them million dollar contracts?

Point is if this trend continues, ie Ireland acting as a feeder pool for England, how're they EVER going to be any good at International level?

There should be ICC imposed cool off period wherein no player should be allowed to represent another country within 3 years of last representing his own nation.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The moral of that story is that Irish cricketers are better than English cricketers.

... and 36 year old Aussies are better than both :ph34r:.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I'm not watching but if the pitch is as dire as it sounds 6 an over will be a stiffish task for Ireland. I know we batted atrocioulsy but quite frankly our bowlers are better than theirs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
DWTA Prince. Unless DL has undergone significant change in the last year with respect to it's core concept, I don't think runs already scored by the chasing team are figured into determining the REVISED TARGET.
No, they definitely are. I'd bet my life on it. They always have been too. Imagine a team scores 250 in an ODI, then the team chasing scores 100/0 after 19 overs before there's a rain delay. Now I think we'll both agree that the chasing team is well ahead of the game because they thought they'd be chasing it down in 50 overs and they're going well above the rate with no wickets down. But now imagine that they're coming back out for one over - a T20 score the equivalent to 250 in ODI would probably be about 150.. surely they're not going to be expected to score 51 off one over!

Well they wouldn't be, because what they've already scored in the original chase counts.

And if you still don't believe, I don't care. :p Go and fiddle around with the online calculator and you'll see that the score counts.

Uppercut

Well I'm not watching but if the pitch is as dire as it sounds
It certainly doesn't look it. There wasn't any lateral movement, and if there was indifferent bounce it was extremely subtle- certainly nothing taking off from a length or shooting along the turf. The only real evidence that the pitch is bad is the fact that England batted so badly. So although I'm willing to accept that it could be a lot more difficult to bat on than it looks, we can't really say until both teams have batted. And given how badly Ireland are batting at the moment, maybe not even then.

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
*sigh*, never liked 20/20 much, lets concentrate on our important up-coming test-series against Bangladesh........

:laugh:!

Amazing how this time yesterday we were all happy after scoring 191, saying how we've got a decent chance of going all the way... 24 hours later and we're on the verge of going out.

+also Johnston and bowler O'Brien have very punchable faces.

Last edited:

Zinzan

When total pie chuckers like Botha don't get murdered the pitch simply isn't fit for cricket.
120 may still be enough on this pitch.

But look at the bright side Scaly, even If England do exit today, you can always jump in behind New Zealand for the rest of the tournament :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Uppercut, just reported all your posts, spare the mods the hassle and go voluntarily hey, ****