• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yep the formula made a difficult chase into one where a team would achieve it 9 times out of 10.
Abit like how England were outplayed against South Africa in the tests but "hung on" for dear life to get draws? those things happen in cricket.

Bottom line is we were set a target and it was up to your bowlers to do something about it, THEY FAILED.

AaronK

State Regular
it is a shame that the rain is cuting this match short..

it would have been a cracking match..

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Abit like how England were outplayed against South Africa in the tests but "hung on" for dear life to get draws? those things happen in cricket.

Bottom line is we were set a target and it was up to your bowlers to do something about it, THEY FAILED.
Not remotely like that. Tests are a completely different animal. Limited overs games are almost always won by the team who plays the best overall on that day.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Not remotely like that. Tests are a completely different animal. Limited overs games are almost always won by the team who plays the best overall on that day.
My point is you can be "outplayed" and still pull off a result, just like England did against South Africa and we did against England!!, different formats yes but the logic remains the same.

L Trumper

State Regular

They hung on for draws not with the help of rain.
But I agree those things do happen in cricket, WI got screwed in WC 03 in similar way.

shivfan

Banned
I was delighted that we decided to field first because i think England are stronger in the batting department and they made a very good start but boy our lads have responded well, getting KP was crucial and Sammy is on fire right now, if we can keep this below 160 then we've got a chance i think, but of course it all depends on whether Gayle and Pollard are in the mood.
I think the decision to bowl first was good, because if play ever resumes, the WI will be chasing a revised target under D/L, which seems to suit the chasing team a little bit better....

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Ravi Rampaul in bowling great one day and tripe the next shocker.....

How on earth can they play him ahead of Roach? There is no way Kemar would have conceded 53 from 3 overs even on a really bad day. Otherwise I am happy with the team selected.

Shame about the rain, I felt it was going to be really close but now it will either be abandoned completely or ruined by the farcical Duckworth and Lewis system.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ravi Rampaul in bowling great one day and tripe the next shocker.....

How on earth can they play him ahead of Roach? There is no way Kemar would have conceded 53 from 3 overs even on a really bad day.
2nd T20I: Australia v West Indies at Sydney, Feb 23, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Wouldn't have been too far off in that game if he'd have bowled a 3rd. I actually understand the decision behind playing Rampaul ahead of Roach. Not only did he have a very good game against Ireland; but Roach has a terrible T20 record. Only has 3 wickets in 8 games at an average of 71.33 with an economy of pretty much 8. I expect Roach to play the next game now, given Rampaul bowling 3 overs of pies, but I can definitely understand why they went for Rampaul today.

King Pietersen

International Captain
7 over game. 4 overs and 4 balls to bowl, 30 runs to win according to Sky. West Indies are going to take this with ease.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I've really enjoyed Athers and Nick Knight filling time in the studio. Two pretty classy pundits imho.