• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So we've kept it under 200 runs which is a bonus i guess but we should have done MUCH better, i can't help but think Roach might have saved us many runs today but Rampaul couldn't be dropped after his performance against Ireland, the problem with him is he has a track record of having horror overs, it happened a few times against the Aussies too.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So we've kept it under 200 runs which is a bonus i guess but we should have done MUCH better, i can't help but think Roach might have saved us many runs today but Rampaul couldn't be dropped after his performance against Ireland, the problem with him is he has a track record of having horror overs, it happened a few times against the Aussies too.
I wasnt aware that performances against an uber-minnow counted for much and, even if they did, Roach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rampaul in any form of the game

King Pietersen

International Captain
I think England are banking on Gayle's struggles against left-arm seam continuing. He struggled against Bollinger; but I'd say Dougeh's a much better bowler than Sidearse. Have to wait and see how it goes.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah; great start Sidearse. That was a terrible over. 1, possibly 2 good deliveries. The edge over slips deserved to go, the delivery after that was asking to be punished, then the wide and finally that last delivery was asking to be hit too. Bring back Jimmeh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think England are banking on Gayle's struggles against left-arm seam continuing. He struggled against Bollinger; but I'd say Dougeh's a much better bowler than Sidearse. Have to wait and see how it goes.
Badly, tbh.

Bowling length to Gayle just isn't very clever in the format tho, is it?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It used to be a surprise when you saw a spinner opening the bowling. Now it's almost the other way round.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know some (probably most) people find Gayle exciting to watch but to me it's just friggin' ugly hitting

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tiny Tim looks to have lost a bit of weight. It's all relative and Greggs aren't going to be calling in the receivers just yet, but fair play.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Thank god for the rain. We'd have been screwed if they'd batted 5 overs. Got off to a stupidly good start thanks to some dire bowling.