• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Luke Wright :wub:

Is it me, or are England playing the perfect T20 innings here?

And yeah, I know the WI are playing like utter ****e.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: That is a ridiculous shot from Morgan. How does he get away with that?

Nice to see Rampaul still bowling pie. Keep him on for another Chris?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wont know whether this is a great score until Windies have batted for a few overs

Pitch looks good, ground is tiny but batting has also been good and much of the bowling ****e in the last few overs

King Pietersen

International Captain
I love watching this lad bat. Morgan is easily the best find for England since Pietersen. Why were his domestic stats so poor prior to his England debut? He's brilliant.

:laugh: Should probably keep hold of ya bat Luke (Y).

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wont know whether this is a great score until Windies have batted for a few overs

Pitch looks good, ground is tiny but batting has also been good and much of the bowling ****e in the last few overs
yep, wouldn't be surprised if Gayle comes out and plazes a ton

Pothas

Haha Luke Wright, even when he is being good he manages to look like a total hack.

Morgan great though.

Could still eaily lose this though.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I see Gayle getting a few, but I actually think it'll be Pollard and Bravo that lead West Indies to victory here. I've slagged Pollard off, so it'd be typical for him to flay us around and win them the game.

Morgan gone. Magnificent innings. Seems to make runs whenever they're needed, such an awesome player to watch.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Rampaul and Pollard's over might have killed our chances but you never know, as i said as long as Gayle and Pollard are there we've got a decent shot at it.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
191-5. Pretty happy with that effort. Started to fall apart in the middle, but Morgan and Wright did brilliantly to pull it back. Wright definitely went some way to proving a few people wrong, was a very mature and in the end, powerful innings when we really needed it. I fancy our chances here, it's a good solid total. Just need to get Gayle early.

Scaly piscine

Getting back to England's selection it was basically Bresnan being picked instead of Anderson. Personally I'd have picked Anderson ahead of Bresnan - Bresnan's record in T20Is is pretty rubbish and Anderson's a much better fielder. The batting isn't much of a factor really for me.