• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around Group C involving South Africa, India, Afghanistan

Schedule

Sat May 1
Afghanistan v India
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Sun May 2
India v South Africa
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Wed May 5
Afghanistan v South Africa
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Sir Alex

Banned
India squad announced

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt & wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja, Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar, Ashish Nehra, Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla, Vinay Kumar, Rohit Sharma

Piyush is a left hand pick surprising,,,

Ishanth rightly left out..

Ravi jadeja - God knows what form he'll be in

Virat Kohli disappointed to be left out.

Yuvraj - Not in form, not fully fit

Gambhir - Not yet recovered

Overall just an average squad.

Shri

Mr. Glass
No Manish Pandey leaves me fuming. Rohit 'iamamumbaikaranddeservetobeselected' Sharma is in the squad ahead of the two Tiwarys and Pandey? wtf?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A news channel was broadcasting 'Should Tendulkar play in the T20 World Cup' recently. Kapil said Tendulkar is playing in the IPL and not chosing to play in the T20 world cup. So does he give more value to IPL? Azhar rightly said it is Tendulkar's choice to play or not.

I love both India and South Africa but hope to catch a match of Afghanistan. Great that they are a part of this tournament.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Tendulkar retired from t20i in 2007. I'd say him playing for the Indians has more to do with it being a Mumbai franchise than anything else. It's only been since then that he's adapted himself to being super duper awesome at the short format.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South African 15...

Smith (C), Kallis (VC), Lungile, Botha, Boucher, AB, JP, Gibbs, Rory Kleinveldt, Langeveldt, Albie, Morne, Steyn, Rusty Theron, VDM.

Parnell and Kempie out injured. Good seam attack shame it won't be much use considering the conditions.

irfan

State Captain
Really hope Afghanistan does well - hopefully they compete well and snare an upset (South Africa please) to progress

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
South African 15...

Smith (C), Kallis (VC), Lungile, Botha, Boucher, AB, JP, Gibbs, Rory Kleinveldt, Langeveldt, Albie, Morne, Steyn, Rusty Theron, VDM.

Parnell and Kempie out injured. Good seam attack shame it won't be much use considering the conditions.
Why is AB not been selected?

R_D

International Debutant
Why is AB not been selected?
:laugh:
He's there mate..

I didn't know top 2 teams make it to next round...... I guess India should get past at least first round.... was thinking.. this is going to be boring because India will get knocked out in first round.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.. India looks set for a hiding in this world T20, esp. with the team that has been selected and the conditions you would expect in the Windies.. :(