• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Poor use of the bowlers by Smith I reckon. Raina looked a bit vulnerable earlier on and he should have kept up the pressure instead of changing things too much.

Interesting track though. Not a typical "run-of-the-mill IPL hit-every-ball-for-6" type of pitch.
Yea on a pacy/bouncy pitch you have to attack. Good to have a pitch like this, good cricket contest, particularly with the 100mph bowling...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ Raina thanking his mum's food for how strong he is and how far he can hit the ball.

Top bloke :)

ret

International Debutant
Superb innings by Raina. No amount of praise is less for that knock. One thing I would like to see is that he doesn't play too many loose shots early on in his inning as once he settles down, he is pretty lethal

I kind of like the team's composition. For Ind to do well, one or two of the top 5 will have to fire more often than not. So if they do you need depth in bowling to defend the score and even if they don't and we scratch around to 140-150, we still need depth in bowling to protect the score

Xuhaib

International Coach
that was awsome by Raina on the other hand Smith's captaincy was quite ordinary today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I am happy to have egg on my face, but this is a dumbass move by South Africa.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kallis dropped 2nd ball. Very strange decision having him open ahead of Smith. Should definitely have been Smith and Bosman for me.

Bobisback

International Regular
Pepper Vodka was another that immediately sprang to mind. Unholy mix.
Have never heard of Pepper Vodka, let alone tasted it, sounds itstl.

At which point should Smith just run Kallis out so they can have a good go at this total? 5 overs ago imo.