• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Noor Ali gonna have to do it all himself by the look of things. Afghans not adjusting to the slowness of the track thus far.

Jayzamann

International Regular
That Jadeja over was the first one in a while where more shots went to fielders than not. I was totally agreeing with Chappell about the proper cricket shots before Ali cranked out the reverse sweeps. Very impressive from Afghanistan so far, definitely.

ret

International Debutant
Code:
Bowling  	O  	M  	R  	W  	Econ  	 	

P Kumar 	2 	0 	11 	0 	5.50 		

A Nehra 	3 	0 	11 	3 	3.66 		

[B]Z Khan[/B] 	2 	0 	17 	0 	8.50 	(1w) 	

RA Jadeja 	4 	1 	15 	1 	3.75 		

Yuvraj Singh 	1 	0 	4 	0 	4.00 		
[B]	
Harbhajan Singh [/B]	4 	0 	24 	0 	6.00 	(1w) 	

YK Pathan 	1 	0 	12 	0 	12.00 	(1w)
Ind's two main (on paper) bowlers, not surprisingly, come up with the worst figs from the grp (excluding YP)

AaronK

State Regular
so they posted 115..

I saw some pakistani signs to them..it means they could be really good at some stage.. but then fall apart in self destructing way.. in 16th over they were 93 for 4 and at the end of the innings...115 for 9..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
YES! Just won a bet paying $4.50 for Afghanistan to score 3-4 runs in the first over.

Reckon it's a decent track and Afghanistan will be looking at a score of about 115.
God I'm good.

Shame I couldn't find a place to bet for a final innings score between say 110-120.

Jayzamann

International Regular
They speak English much better than I speak Pashto, I give them that much.

I tended to understand a few words and get what they were meaning, and I think they were doing the same when the commentators were asking questions. I know they won't win today most likely, but I am so glad that they didnt just roll over and take it from the Indians. I hope this match isn't over too quickly.

Sir Alex

Banned
Afghan looks really good side. A pity they can't play the shorter one to save their lives. That one flaw alone is going to cause their first round exit this time around. :(

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali Vijay- this Test reserve is a top-notch T20 batsman. He's not likely to open much, but should be in the scheme of things in this format of the game. He's the perfect batsman- stays on long, can run lots of singles, bats with a brain and can also hit a wave of big shots when needed. Rather than waste space on the likes of Tyagi, Dinda, Jadeja and Murali Kartik, or turn to Dinesh Karthik at the drop of a hat, he's the man. In fact, the selectors can look to TN (and maybe elsewhere South) as a supply for some very good limited-overs (20 or 50) players.

The Afghan team has been no opposition whatsoever. Just two batsmen, who've shown glimpses of quality, but nothing else. While a lot has been said about what seems a fairytale run for them, and the game has done them a lot of good, this was no match for the Indians, and a mere workout, despite the Indians playing a very under-strength side.

The Indians have fluffed on selection here, and got away with it due to lack of opposition, but if the same team and methods continue against South Africa, they'll be smashed. South Africa are far more T20-ready, with years of experience at the domestic level, and have better T20 players from one to eleven- India are still stuck with at least one misfit. For the next game, they should drop both Praveen and Jadeja, and opt for Rohit Sharma and Vinay Kumar, both of whom have played more in the IPL and had a lot more success, and (especially Rohit) are better for T20. Sharma's been a very prolific and practical run-scorer, while Vinay has been among the top five Indians in the wickets tally.

It's good to see the bowlers in some form, especially Nehra taking a bit of form further by bouncing out three Afghan batsmen for wickets. He won't have that kind of luck against Test teams, though, but he can ride the form. Zaheer and Harbhajan were not among the wickets, but they got a workout, and that's not too bad. Jadeja was largely average, and so was Yuvraj, but a bit of a concern is the bowling of Yusuf Pathan. Dhoni doesn't seem to rate him as a bowler, plays five bowlers apart from him (a dangerous risk) and gave him just a single over against set batsmen, who got stuck into him. The Indians are a batsman light, and need one more, and consequently, need him to be in good bowling form, like in the early phase of the IPL.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
YES! Just won a bet paying $4.50 for Afghanistan to score 3-4 runs in the first over.

Reckon it's a decent track and Afghanistan will be looking at a score of about 115.
Jeez man... That would be wonderful if it wasn't so spooky!!! ;)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Chawla in for Zaheer (I like that move), but Gambhir out with diarrhea.

Big out, we all know how Gambhir is vital with big runs :ph34r: