• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: This is getting embarrassing now. Morkel got that one to really lift off a length, not easy at all for players that aren't used to facing this calibre and pace of bowling. Just hope Smith gives Steyn and Morkel at least 3 overs a-piece and doesn't let them off the hook by bowling Duminy or Van Der Merwe.

Edit: There's another. 12/5 now. SA just bowling quickly and it's doing for Afghanistan. They're lucky they didn't have to come up against Tait, Nannes and Johnson.

Last edited:

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
I doesn't make any sense why Afghanistan batsman keep punching at ball from backfoot resulting in edges. They should swing the bat as hard as they can and hope it connects... if there is an edge atleast there's chance it would go over the fielders.

Sir Alex

Banned
Lol every Steyn delivery is like an action replay. Length delivery outside off, batsman fishing.

Edit. Morkel into the act. This looks like could be over very soon.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
oh dear

at least this is making the "should I go to bed" dlilemma otiose

I wouldn't want this game to be remembered for a 20 all-out humiliation for Afghanistan after their international-class performance with the ball

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I doesn't make any sense why Afghanistan batsman keep punching at ball from backfoot resulting in edges. They should swing the bat as hard as they can and hope it connects... if there is an edge atleast there's chance it would go over the fielders.
They've never seen anything like this before though, I find it hard to start picking technical flaws in them.

12-5 not looking too great though...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Steyn's lost his line a tad in this over. Just trying too hard to bowl the magic delivery that starts on leg and hits middle. Keep sticking it on a length out-side off Dale!

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: Morne's enjoying this, as I expected he would. Pace and bounce against this calibre of batting is just destructive. Welcome to International cricket lads!