• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not that I care, but have always been amazed that he never gets banned (or even so much as a warning) for what is such absolute blatant 'trolling', but you're right NZT, easiest thing is just not to take the bait.
He has gotten warnings in the past, and often does have some basis for his arguments even if he does exaggerate them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He has gotten warnings in the past, and often does have some basis for his arguments even if he does exaggerate them.
Yeah. I don't really think he's trying to goad anyone; he just doesn't rate New Zealand at all. I realise his views may be irritating for New Zealand fans but although they are strong views they aren't presented in a really obnoxious fashion (think sammy2), he doesn't derail threads that aren't about New Zealand with them and I'm convinced it's genuinely what he thinks. I think they key is what you said - he backs up his arguments and argues his case, he doesn't just make outlandish statements and end them with :laugh::laugh::laugh:. There's a fine line between what he does and trolling but I don't think he crosses it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not questioning the validity of his arguments, more-so the fact he constantly rubbishes them whether they win or lose. I'm more fascinated with what's behind his vendetta against NZ than bothered by it truth be told. :happy:

Zinzan

Yeah. I don't really think he's trying to goad anyone; he just doesn't rate New Zealand at all. I realise his views may be irritating for New Zealand fans but although they are strong views they aren't presented in a really obnoxious fashion (think sammy2), he doesn't derail threads that aren't about New Zealand with them and I'm convinced it's genuinely what he thinks. I think they key is what you said - he backs up his arguments and argues his case, he doesn't just make outlandish statements and end them with :laugh::laugh::laugh:. There's a fine line between what he does and trolling but I don't think he crosses it.
Probably fair enough & to add to that most take his comments with a grain of salt anyway

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am waiting patiently or impatiently for the TAB to post the odds for the NZ vs Zimb game.
I realise the Zim played well in the warm up games. But NZ and people like Styris are awesome against the lesser teams.

I am hoping that z's performance in the warm up games will lead to a good payout for a NZ win.

Anything over $1.10 will make me happy.

At the moment I stick to $5 bets. But I have been thinking of making $200 bets but I don't want to become a gambling addict. So I will have to give it some thought before making that step.

I wonder what the average punter bets at the TAB.

Howsie

International Captain
I really would like to know if he rates any New Zealand cricketer tbh, in any form of the game.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I am waiting patiently or impatiently for the TAB to post the odds for the NZ vs Zimb game.
Hang on - you can't expect them to open the odds for that game when the Sri Lanka v ZImbo game is still to be played. Injuries and form have a massive influence on the odds.

Seriously, your posts on punting often make no sense whatsoever.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Hurricane, that's a big jump from betting $5 to $200 a go.

On the betting site I use, SL are paying $1.12 vs. Zim, so unless Zim get very close to SL, I think the NZ odds will be about the same.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I really would like to know if he rates any New Zealand cricketer tbh, in any form of the game.
Have any Kiwi's gone to Durham as an overseas player?

Edit: Yep, Styris and Astle. So that's potentially 2 players he rates highly, just depends how well they went for Durham.

Last edited:

Zinzan

^ Surely he rates the top-notch players like Hadlee, Turner, Crowe, Cairns, Bond etc as well

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
He actually said some nice things about Jimmy Franklin a few years back, before his injury and subsequent conversion into a bits and pieces allrounder.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hang on - you can't expect them to open the odds for that game when the Sri Lanka v ZImbo game is still to be played. Injuries and form have a massive influence on the odds.

Seriously, your posts on punting often make no sense whatsoever.
And at first you were responding to them in a helpful manner but that has changed - your previous post included swear words. I assumed you were joking around and meant it light heartedly so I didn't say anything now I am not so sure based on this response.

Take it easy. They are just comments about the TAB and making bets. Peace. I am just a punter who wants everything from the customer's perspective. You are presenting the TAB's view. I don't think there needs to be any friction.

Look forward to posting with you in the future.:)

Hurricane

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
And at first you were responding to them in a helpful manner but that has changed - your previous post included swear words. I assumed you were joking around and meant it light heartedly so I didn't say anything now I am not so sure based on this response.

Take it easy. They are just comments about the TAB and making bets. Peace. I am just a punter who wants everything from the customer's perspective. You are presenting the TAB's view. I don't think there needs to be any friction.

Look forward to posting with you in the future.:)

Hurricane

When you make a post like this:

I wonder if the TAB has a different bookie for each sport to set the odds or if it is like one guy who just watches the crowd goes wild every day and reads the dom post.
I quite simply cannot take you seriously, and don't see much point in discussing anything with you at all.

Goodbye.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have any Kiwi's gone to Durham as an overseas player?

Edit: Yep, Styris and Astle. So that's potentially 2 players he rates highly, just depends how well they went for Durham.
Wiseman was a squad player before he retired.

Taylor is one of Durham's foreign T20 signings along with Albie Morkel for this season.

As far as Taylor goes I only rate him as a T20 player or in ODI as a guy who bats in the lower middle order, he's a fairly limited player but is good at what he does. Obviously he's also a form player and hasn't had any form for the past month or so.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
When you make a post like this:

I quite simply cannot take you seriously, and don't see much point in discussing anything with you at all.

Goodbye.
It was a joke. Should have put a smilie face there. But I thought it was over the top enough that it didn't need a smilie face.

Your post above is pretty unfriendly wishing me goodbye and not wanting to discuss anything at all with me. So I agree with you at this juncture it is best if we parted ways. Please don't respond to my posts in the future be they complaints/compliments about the TAB or cricket related. I will try to avoid your posts as well to make it even. Sorry that my joke contributed to this state of affairs.

Cheers

Hurricane

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
As far as Taylor goes I only rate him as a T20 player or in ODI as a guy who bats in the lower middle order, he's a fairly limited player but is good at what he does. Obviously he's also a form player and hasn't had any form for the past month or so.
I'm sure you've been through this before, but humour me for now. What makes Taylor a fairly limited player?

He's quite clearly shown to be a more than capable (and remember, he's only 26 so should only get better) test number 4, unless 25 tests isn't a big enough sample for you (and hundreds against England x 2, India x 2 and Australia).

I'm interested to know how you'd rate Taylor alongside someone like Paul Collingwood, someone i'd call a limited player.