• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

King Pietersen

International Captain
Brendon who? Nathan McCullum WAG. Really like this NZ side, after England they'll be the side I'll be supporting. Awesome game.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well NZ just showed the benefit of being able to bat low. Not sure what Nathan McCullum is doing batting so low given his record and his ability to bat the way he did today but well done to them. Have to say NZ's fielding was marginally better than SL although barring the Malinga debacle, would have to say that SL's fielding was exemplary as well.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mathews: 7/1 off 2 overs. 10 dot balls.

Might've been given another? Strange captaincy.
It does seem strange, but the rest of the attack were bowling really well too. Welegedara getting the 19th seemed strange but he bowled a very good over so I don't think you can criticise Sanga there.

Awesome match, has to be said. Better than anything the IPL offered IMO. T20 so much more watchable without all the commercial bollocks.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Welegedera missed a great run out oppurtunity of Nathan Mccullum ,last bowl of the 19th over fumbling the ball. That ultimately turned out to be the clincher.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BC's won - clearly not a choke.

They let SL back into the game big time however.
Sri Lanka lost it. They screwed up simple run outs. Bowled length balls at the death. Malinga bowled a garbage last over. They managed to get hit by fresh batsmen on a pitch like that.

That's apart from the generally sloppy batting display that let NZ off the hook.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It does seem strange, but the rest of the attack were bowling really well too. Welegedara getting the 19th seemed strange but he bowled a very good over so I don't think you can criticise Sanga there.

Awesome match, has to be said. Better than anything the IPL offered IMO. T20 so much more watchable without all the commercial bollocks.
Yeah, don't wanna be too much of the commie luddite, but the quality of the product should speak for itself.

Thought your boy Mendis was a bit ordinary. Bowled a little quick for the surface.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Not sure about that tbh. The atmosphere seemed more chilled out than the IPL.

But agree about the commercial stuff though .

Uppercut

Thought your boy Mendis was a bit ordinary. Bowled a little quick for the surface.
Perhaps- he doesn't adapt his pace to conditions very well in general. Did give the batsmen a lot of problems though, especially Styris. Oram smacking his last two balls for six really put a nasty complexion on his figures.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka lost it. They screwed up simple run outs. Bowled length balls at the death. Malinga bowled a garbage last over. They managed to get hit by fresh batsmen on a pitch like that.

That's apart from the generally sloppy batting display that let NZ off the hook.
Ryder got himself out.
Guptill yorked himself to a 40 year old.
Taylor was a direct result of the pressure placed on himself by the two above getting themselves out.

Those three wickets were gifted by NZ - oh and don't forget McCullum #1 in the first over.

So in the clean up - BC's nearly thew it away but had the hitters to get them off the hook they'd placed themselves on.

Uppercut

Not sure about that tbh. The atmosphere seemed more chilled out than the IPL.
Yeah, that's true. But the stop-start nature of IPL cricket means I find it hard to become engrossed in it anyway, so the great atmospheres don't have the effect they could.

Also find it much easier to empathise with a country than I do with a "franchise". Needless to say, it's all a matter of personal taste.