• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just for later reference I presume McCullum >>> Hopkins with the gloves?
Hopkins isn't what I'd call a poor keeper, he's pretty good generally.. but yeah, McCullum's definitely a bit better. So you can add that to your rant about how McCullum is being a knob for not keeping and the management are morons for allowing it. FWIW I completely agree.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
New Zealand should seriously think about just bowling all Southee's four overs in one spell at the end of the innings, like Pakistan did with Gul in the first T20 WC. He's awesome at hitting that blockhole but not good for too much else at the moment; it'd suit him perfectly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
poor captaincy this. slow pitch, the last thing you want is to bring on your quickest bowler.
Oram's always been particularly crap at the death though. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a psychological aversion to it TBH; he's never wanted to do it and he's had some shockers. Don't think he'd do any better than Bond here really. Seven off the over isn't really a terrible result.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Oram's always been particularly crap at the death though. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a psychological aversion to it TBH; he's never wanted to do it and he's some shockers. Don't think he'd do any better than Bond here really. Seven off the over isn't really a terrible result.
Yeah worked out okay for NZ, but honestly wasnt the best over from him. Would have preferred Styris over him as well.

GGG

State Captain
Considering one of there players got 81 off 51 will take that, still 10 - 15 to much I feel.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
NZ clearly favorites here....but the pitch might help SL bowlers.....let's see how Malinga the salinga bowls.

Jayzamann

International Regular
And Jayasuriya remains holstered with a full clip, 0* (0)

Might get a slap later on in the week.

Also just realised that Nathan McC opened the bowling again. It's interesting how spin is being adapted and reshuffled for a t20 application.

Sir Alex

Banned
Rubbish conditions to play a t20 match, let alone the opening match of a world cup. Not only you've slow low pitches, to make things worse you've 80m boundaries as well. I am better off watching middle overs of a random ind Sl one day than this.

That said what a gem from Jaya. Read the conditions perfectly and chose the right bowlers to have a go at. One of the best t20 innings ever. Yes, Ever.