• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
While all the Kiwis are fast asleep, I'll drink from the supporters cup.

But no Mills. :(

King Pietersen

International Captain
Really looking forward to watching McCullum and Ryder open for NZ, watching those 2 vs Malinga is going to be surefire entertainment. Backing NZ in this one, just don't see Sri Lanka having a great tournament for some reason.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gotta love Bumble; was playing league cricket against McCullum, N last year. "Nothing special; but slow. Very slow."

Offies opening the bowling causes me to die a little inside tho.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love watching Jayawardene in this format of the game. Not the most effective of players all the time but when he's in form he's one of the players who can score quickly by just playing gorgeous cricket shots off every ball rather than playing the power-hitting game.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Simon Doull: Well I don't think we'll see Styris bowl a seam-up delivery in his spell.
Next ball: *Styris bowls Sangakkara with a seam-up delivery that he tried to play like an off-cutter*

King Pietersen

International Captain
I don't get why people were talking Sri Lanka up tbh. Their side in the last tournament looked much better. The batting line-up this year doesn't look strong enough. Dilshan's in terrible form, Jayasuriya's past his best, Sangakkara didn't look in particularly good form and after that there's very little International quality. Their bowling attack with the 3 M's looks impressive, but I don't see their batting being good enough to post/chase large totals. May end up proving me wrong, but I don't see them getting close to winning the tournament atm.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I am slow, yes. Only now am I realising how strong NZ is on paper. It's great to see Oram getting a scalp so early in the tournament to blow out the cobwebs. The batting lineup is seriously impressive as well.

tooextracool

International Coach
I don't get why people were talking Sri Lanka up tbh. Their side in the last tournament looked much better. The batting line-up this year doesn't look strong enough. Dilshan's in terrible form, Jayasuriya's past his best, Sangakkara didn't look in particularly good form and after that there's very little International quality. Their bowling attack with the 3 M's looks impressive, but I don't see their batting being good enough to post/chase large totals. May end up proving me wrong, but I don't see them getting close to winning the tournament atm.
2 things:

1) angelo matthews
2) they're playing in the WI, the slow pitches are going to play right into the hands of Murali and Mendis and lets not forget who reached the finals of the 2007 wc.

GGG

State Captain
Not even going to bother runing down Hopkins, its the selectors that need a uppercut.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love watching Jayawardene in this format of the game. Not the most effective of players all the time but when he's in form he's one of the players who can score quickly by just playing gorgeous cricket shots off every ball rather than playing the power-hitting game.
When did he become some kind of T20 god? This is so, so good.