• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

King Pietersen

International Captain
Soo Zim was screwed by rain and duckworth lewis calculations.. way to go ICC .. they haven't learned anything from the 07 world cup diseaster..
Nope, they screwed themselves by being bowled out for 84. Were always losing the game after a dire performance like that.

GGG

State Captain
Soo Zim was screwed by rain and duckworth lewis calculations.. way to go ICC .. they haven't learned anything from the 07 world cup diseaster..
Yeah mate they were hot favorites, 85 is a tough ask in this format especially against the might of Zimbabwe.

Polo23

International Debutant
Have a look at Taylor's ODI record batting at 3:

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

2 centuries on roads, 3 half-centuries against minnows and a huge list of failures. He survives a bit longer in Tests in general, but he's still not really cut out for playing against a moving ball.
As I said in my last post, against seam he like any other batsman in the world struggles, against swing however I think he is pretty decent. He has shown this through his test record and multiple test innings against the swinging ball.

Almost all of those innings batting at number 3 were right at the start of his career, batting in a position he didn't even bat in for his province. His relative lack of success could be put down to many things.

I'm willing to hear out your argument that Taylor is only useful in ODI's down the order and T20's (though, how exactly do you argue against his test record?), but i'm still waiting for some sort of evidence or something you have seen consistently to suggest this is the case.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed Nathan McCullum is one helluva fc spinner, a T20 world cup on slow pitches proves it once and for all.