Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah. I don't really think he's trying to goad anyone; he just doesn't rate New Zealand at all. I realise his views may be irritating for New Zealand fans but although they are strong views they aren't presented in a really obnoxious fashion (think sammy2), he doesn't derail threads that aren't about New Zealand with them and I'm convinced it's genuinely what he thinks. I think they key is what you said - he backs up his arguments and argues his case, he doesn't just make outlandish statements and end them with . There's a fine line between what he does and trolling but I don't think he crosses it.
    I really would like to know if he rates any New Zealand cricketer tbh, in any form of the game.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I am waiting patiently or impatiently for the TAB to post the odds for the NZ vs Zimb game.
    Hang on - you can't expect them to open the odds for that game when the Sri Lanka v ZImbo game is still to be played. Injuries and form have a massive influence on the odds.

Seriously, your posts on punting often make no sense whatsoever.

Yeah Hurricane, that's a big jump from betting $5 to $200 a go.

On the betting site I use, SL are paying $1.12 vs. Zim, so unless Zim get very close to SL, I think the NZ odds will be about the same.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    I really would like to know if he rates any New Zealand cricketer tbh, in any form of the game.
    Have any Kiwi's gone to Durham as an overseas player?

Edit: Yep, Styris and Astle. So that's potentially 2 players he rates highly, just depends how well they went for Durham.
    Last edited by King Pietersen; 02-05-2010 at 03:47 AM.

^ Surely he rates the top-notch players like Hadlee, Turner, Crowe, Cairns, Bond etc as well

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    He actually said some nice things about Jimmy Franklin a few years back, before his injury and subsequent conversion into a bits and pieces allrounder.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Hang on - you can't expect them to open the odds for that game when the Sri Lanka v ZImbo game is still to be played. Injuries and form have a massive influence on the odds.

Seriously, your posts on punting often make no sense whatsoever.
    And at first you were responding to them in a helpful manner but that has changed - your previous post included swear words. I assumed you were joking around and meant it light heartedly so I didn't say anything now I am not so sure based on this response.

Take it easy. They are just comments about the TAB and making bets. Peace. I am just a punter who wants everything from the customer's perspective. You are presenting the TAB's view. I don't think there needs to be any friction.

Look forward to posting with you in the future.

Hurricane
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Na call him a **** Hurricane.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    And at first you were responding to them in a helpful manner but that has changed - your previous post included swear words. I assumed you were joking around and meant it light heartedly so I didn't say anything now I am not so sure based on this response.

Take it easy. They are just comments about the TAB and making bets. Peace. I am just a punter who wants everything from the customer's perspective. You are presenting the TAB's view. I don't think there needs to be any friction.

Look forward to posting with you in the future.

Hurricane

When you make a post like this:

I wonder if the TAB has a different bookie for each sport to set the odds or if it is like one guy who just watches the crowd goes wild every day and reads the dom post.
    I quite simply cannot take you seriously, and don't see much point in discussing anything with you at all.

Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Have any Kiwi's gone to Durham as an overseas player?

Edit: Yep, Styris and Astle. So that's potentially 2 players he rates highly, just depends how well they went for Durham.
    Wiseman was a squad player before he retired.

Taylor is one of Durham's foreign T20 signings along with Albie Morkel for this season.

As far as Taylor goes I only rate him as a T20 player or in ODI as a guy who bats in the lower middle order, he's a fairly limited player but is good at what he does. Obviously he's also a form player and hasn't had any form for the past month or so.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    50 vs. WI in the warm up out of a score of 124.

State Captain

I quite simply cannot take you seriously, and don't see much point in discussing anything with you at all.

Goodbye.
    volty stop fighting with hurricane. guys just say sorry and make up pls.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    When you make a post like this:

Goodbye.
    It was a joke. Should have put a smilie face there. But I thought it was over the top enough that it didn't need a smilie face.

Your post above is pretty unfriendly wishing me goodbye and not wanting to discuss anything at all with me. So I agree with you at this juncture it is best if we parted ways. Please don't respond to my posts in the future be they complaints/compliments about the TAB or cricket related. I will try to avoid your posts as well to make it even. Sorry that my joke contributed to this state of affairs.

Cheers

Hurricane
    Last edited by Hurricane; 02-05-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Oops, Scaly did it again..

Anyway, nice win from the Black Caps the other night.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    As far as Taylor goes I only rate him as a T20 player or in ODI as a guy who bats in the lower middle order, he's a fairly limited player but is good at what he does. Obviously he's also a form player and hasn't had any form for the past month or so.
    I'm sure you've been through this before, but humour me for now. What makes Taylor a fairly limited player?

He's quite clearly shown to be a more than capable (and remember, he's only 26 so should only get better) test number 4, unless 25 tests isn't a big enough sample for you (and hundreds against England x 2, India x 2 and Australia).

I'm interested to know how you'd rate Taylor alongside someone like Paul Collingwood, someone i'd call a limited player.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information