• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around Group A involving Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Schedule

Sat May 1
Bangladesh v Pakistan
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Sun May 2
Australia v Pakistan
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Wed May 5
Australia v Bangladesh
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Its a good start. B Tigers easy have it to beat current Pak team at any level.

Are the WI pitches similar to that of Subcontinental pitches?

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'd like to see Australia do something at a world t20 competition for once, and it looks like this is the group to do it in. That being said, Bangers surely aren't slouching recently and having Afridi captaining Pakistan after seeing him work his magic first hand playing for the Redbacks, this will be fun to watch.

Faisal1985

Certainly a very closely matched group this. Unless Pakistan does WC2007 Ireland game again...lol

Faisal1985

^ Thats what i mean actually when i said closely matched. Anything is possible. And Bangladesh is probably just as capable as Pakistan or Australia in this format.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^ Thats what i mean actually when i said closely matched. Anything is possible. And Bangladesh is probably just as capable as Pakistan or Australia in this format.
Err no. Not even close.

Bangladesh's only prayer of being a plausible long shot is if West Indies throw up some more criminally unfit pitches which favour 5 spinner attacks.

cricman

International 12th Man
Only if Rasel and Mortaza are Match Fit and are bowling i rhythem, than I'd be more than willing to believe in one of the top 6 getting lucky and making a big score

Projected XI

would be

1. Tamim
2. Ashraful
3. Mahmudullah
4. Shakib
5. Musfiqur
6. Aftab
7 Naeem
8 Mortaza
9. Razzak
10. Rasel
11 open

11: Juniad/Kapali/Dolar/Domestic player

If Rubel or Shahdat plays, I'll clos my eyes

Athlai

Not Terrible
Seeing less and less of this recently though, couple of top knocks on losing sides in the IPL.
Yeah I suppose good support is becoming vital ala Tendulkar's knock with Harby's later cameo. Bangladesh still perfectly capable of having about 5 players stand up and do something special. All you need in this form of the game (as long as the other players don't all get 0(10) and 4-0-48-0 type figures)

Faisal1985

Yeah I suppose good support is becoming vital ala Tendulkar's knock with Harby's later cameo. Bangladesh still perfectly capable of having about 5 players stand up and do something special. All you need in this form of the game (as long as the other players don't all get 0(10) and 4-0-48-0 type figures)
This.

Regardless of what the case might be with the players, Bangladesh has every capability to do something special.

khalidfarooq

Cricket Spectator
pakistan team for t20 2010.
Shahid Afridi (C).
Salman Butt.
Mohammad Hafeez.
Khalid Latif.
Misbah-ul-Haq.
Fawad Alam.
Umar Akmal.
Abdul Razzaq.
Yasir Arafat.
Hammad Azam.
Kamran Akmal (WK).
Umar Gul.
Mohammad Asif.
Mohammad Aamer.
Saeed Ajmal.
Reserves:

Shahzaib Hasan.

Mohammad Sami.

Raza Hasan.

Naveed Yasin.

Sarfraz Ahmed (Wicket Keeper).

Faisal1985

Gul is a big loss. Can't believe it. I didn't like Arafat anyways. He is just milking the cow now...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brett Lee's apparently been injured in the warm up vs Zimbabwe and is on his way home.

Thank God, surely Dougy will replace him. Dougeh.

Now we just need an injury to Clarke.

Dougeh.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia will walk this group OR leave without a win

They've literally picked an or or nothing squad

Burgey

Couldn't agree more. Personally, the quicks are going to get pumped.
They've picked Harris.

Like Harris, but Bollinger is currently the best bowler in Australia. Has done well on flat decks before, takes wickets and has barely played in a losing game for Australia in any format.

He's also just played in the winning IPL team. As I said, like Harris a lot, hope he does well, but come on!

Dougy.

Dougeh.

Top_Cat

They've picked Harris.

Like Harris, but Bollinger is currently the best bowler in Australia. Has done well on flat decks before, takes wickets and has barely played in a losing game for Australia in any format.

He's also just played in the winning IPL team. As I said, like Harris a lot, hope he does well, but come on!

Dougy.

Dougeh.
Yeah but if you're going to pick Nannes and Tait, as the selectors are dying to do on their Shock and Awe campaign, you can't pick Bollinger. A team of;

Warner
Haddin
T20N00b
Watto
White
Huss
Huss
Johnson
Nannes/Bolly/Tait

still looks light-on in batting even with 7 bats, especially since Johnson is coming off a lay-off and his batting has been ordinary for some time. Gotta bat deep with two out-of-form Huss's and a number 3 who rates T20 so highly he's never played an IPL match in his life and has 1x50 in 30 games.