• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

King Pietersen

International Captain
Pretty awful innings from Mahmudullah. Really need Mushfiqur and Ashrafool to bat through. Has been a tidy over from Sami, wasn't expecting it to go this well at the death for Sami tbh.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Interesting that Aamer's being used now. Guessing the logic is that if he picks up Ashraful now, it's effectively game over. Hopefully we'll get a tight end.

Fusion

Global Moderator
With Gul's injury, the biggest worry for Pakistan was who would take up bowling at the death. I'ts only the first game, and that too against Bangladesh, but Aamer has had a great start and perhaps can fill that void for Pakistan.

King Pietersen

International Captain
All over. Pretty disappointing end really. Had potential to be a close game when Ashrafool and Shakib were going well, but once again moronic shot-selection has been their down-fall. To be fair to Pakistan though, they did bowl well. Aamer, Sami and Ajmal all bowled very nicely, with Hafeez going ok too. Sami took important wickets at vital stages of the game, and proved to be a very good selection. Decent performance from the holders.

Xuhaib

International Coach
almost got caught in once in a blue moon Ashraful knock.If Afridi bowling does not pick up I reckon a super 8 exit for the champions.

cricman

International 12th Man
Pathetic. What on earth was he playing that for? Moronic shot selection screws up Bangladesh once again.
we needed boundaries .... He makes that shot 9 out 10 times

I agree with Chappell tho, He needs to get rid of those shots premeditated crap (besides the lap shot).

If Aftab played and Kapali was selected this could have been ours

Bouncer

State Regular
In Super 8's how many games out of three a team needs to win to go to Semi? Is two good enough?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
With Gul's injury, the biggest worry for Pakistan was who would take up bowling at the death. I'ts only the first game, and that too against Bangladesh, but Aamer has had a great start and perhaps can fill that void for Pakistan.
Ajmal handled things very well at the end. The weak link is Afridi himself especially his bowling has got to improve.

And i would have preferred to see Umar to come after Kamran was out instead of Afridi and then Razzaq.

Anyways, i think Bangladesh could have easily won this one. Ashraful played a stupid shot. Single, doubles and an odd boundary would have sealed it for Bangladesh.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Unlike the other ridiculously bad bowlers going around, I always hope Sami does well when he plays for some reason. I know he's rubbish in Tests but I always hope he turns it around. I guess it's because I actually think he's a bit under-rated on forums and such - sure he's a hopeless Test bowler but I think it's fair to say that his record doesn't quite reflect how likely he is to perform well as he can bowl a decent spell from time to time. He's a key wicket-taker in ODIs as well; he's always been over-criticised in that format.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Unlike the other ridiculously bad bowlers going around, I always hope Sami does well when he plays for some reason. I know he's rubbish in Tests but I always hope he turns it around. I guess it's because I actually think he's a bit under-rated on forums and such - sure he's a hopeless Test bowler but I think it's fair to say that his record doesn't quite reflect how likely he is to perform well as he can bowl a decent spell from time to time. He's a key wicket-taker in ODIs as well; he's always been over-criticised in that format.
I know people are harsh on Sami but I think thats because when he came on the scene people first reaction was here comes another sub25 avg pace bowler from Pakistan.Initially eventhough results were not coming but you could see the potential and it felt it was just a matter of time before he will get it right like Shoiab did (Shoaib and Sami have a very similar record for their first 50 test wickets).

I think Sami is not as mentally strong as Shoaib and as results eluded him he got frunstrated and that was the time when he started bowling real garbage and was righfully drop.As for odi's his economy for that format is quite poor though he can get you a few wickets.