Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Group A - Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Aust should throw the game vs. Bang
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Aust should throw the game vs. Bang
    Pakistan staying in the tourney is good for Aus as it ensures one potentially freebie game for them in the final stages.
    Last edited by Xuhaib; 03-05-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Yet another team have been WATTOWNED.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    So you had to trawl through over 300 matches to find isolated examples of when he's whacked top class fast men

I, on the other hand, only had to lie on my couch and watch a couple of balls to be proven correct
    No, I just quoted some matches off my head. Interesting considering you are prepared to judge the ability of a man who tonked Mcgrath for 31 from 11 and Lee for 25 from 14 on the fastest wicket in the world as **** player of fast bowling just because he got out slogging because the required rate was over 12?

Or applying your logic, Clarke seems to be a **** player of spin, does he not?
    Last edited by Sir Alex; 03-05-2010 at 03:16 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain GraemeSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Ban win looks hugely unlikely given Aus form.
    Not if Clarke has his way

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    No, I just quoted some matches off my head. Interesting considering you are prepared to judge the ability of a man who tonked Mcgrath for 31 from 11 and Lee for 25 from 14 on the fastest wicket in the world as **** player of fast bowling just because he got out slogging because the required rate was over 12?

Or applying your logic, Clarke seems to be a **** player of spin, does he not?
    Don't be facetious.

He said that they should protect Smith from Afridi, because he's a young player still learning his craft, bowling to a guy who isn't a great player of pace. Everyone knows that Afridi's gone nuts, and no-one gets spared, but it's completely away from the point that social was trying to make.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't be facetious.

He said that they should protect Smith from Afridi, because he's a young player still learning his craft, bowling to a guy who isn't a great player of pace. Everyone knows that Afridi's gone nuts, and no-one gets spared, but it's completely away from the point that social was trying to make.
    Perhaps you missed his posts where he was insinuating Afridi was a walking wicket against pace.

Further, newbie or not, he is playing international cricket, and 21 is hardly kiddo age. If he needs to be 'guarded' against being hit in T20s, he might as well stay at home.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Good to see Afridi's overrated captaincy skills getting exposed big time over here.He is virtually playing with 9 players as Alam and Razzaq only get in the game when the result is a formality.Has given heavy responsbility to two guys Hafeez and Sami which is unfair because

a) they are making a comeback
    b) they are rubbish.
    I only hope that Afridi "learns" from his mistakes unlike other captains before him...(highly unlikely though). The guy couldn't understand **** and gave 4 straight overs to Hafeez, unbelievable.....if he wanted to start of with spin that bad he could have had Ajmal bowl a couple in the beginning and Ajmal did beat Watto with a couple of good doosras after...it was highly likely that Ajmal would have trapped Watson early on...

In any case to me, most important things that Afridi has to do are:

1) Bring Asif back in the side and dump Sami.
    2) Don't rely too much on Hafeez in batting or bowling. Instead promote Alam at 1 down position. Left right combo is always frustrating for the bowling side.
    3) Have Razzaq open. I have said it all along this guy can bat when given responsibility. Once settled he is brilliant against pace bowling...
    4) Afridi should not bowl so early he is only getting hammered all over the place. May be coming in late to bowl might make a difference.

But all this, if we make it to the next round.

I don't think Aussies will throw the game away, they want to stamp their authority in T20 so its highly unlikely. But Bang is very well capable of beating Australia. I hate this feeling when we leave things to other teams...
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 03-05-2010 at 08:07 AM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

If pakistan is knocked out of this tournment.. the pakistani team is not blamed for this..

They played hard in both of their games.. they just lost to a better team yesterday..

on that note..Bang is well capable of beating Aus... so it will be a good contest between these two teams to look forwad...
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

I have a question lets say Watto and Warner go off and Australia scores 185 and than it rains & and it becomes a 5 over affair, wouldnt that actually help Pakistan and Hurt Bangladesh?

This WC is like a dream holiday for Asif.

No cricket plenty of cocaine and chicks around must be having a blast.

I think if Pak makes to the second round they might play him. Given that Sami has been far from impressive..

IMO, Asif was more or less the only player in the team who had some kind of an authority among the Aussie batsmen in the tests and other games..not playing him, leaves you with 11 players which on average day would never struggle the Australians. Perhaps Amir a bit but still not as much as Asif.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 05-05-2010 at 07:52 AM.

"Has your goalkeeping improved?"
    The first thing Wasim Akram asked Kamran Akmal when the latter paid him a visit
    May 1, 2010

Akram is right on the money first up!

Akmal still far from being any better as far as i felt...wonder how this T20 series turns out for him.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Johnson doubtful, c'mon Harris!
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Aussies batting.

We got our main man right in the middle of the field to make sure that Pak progresses...

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information