• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely Pakistan's worst game with the ball in some time? Really did bowl poo in general.

Burgey

So, did Tait break the speed record this morning or not? Someone posted earlier that he did, haven't heard much said though if it's the case.

Sir Alex

Banned
So, did Tait break the speed record this morning or not? Someone posted earlier that he did, haven't heard much said though if it's the case.
Haha if cricinfo is to be believed, then Albie Morkel should have the record, for he bowled apparently a 164.7 snorter, curiously described as a slower one by their commentator :laugh:

And oh none of Mitchell or Nannes could manage anything above 110 either, and apart from that one, Tait was consistently bowling 135-140.

Burgey

Haha if cricinfo is to be believed, then Albie Morkel should have the record, for he bowled apparently a 164.7 snorter, curiously described as a slower one by their commentator :laugh:

And oh none of Mitchell or Nannes could manage anything above 110 either, and apart from that one, Tait was consistently bowling 135-140.
Ah, radar shennanigans ftw.

Cheers mate.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Match Report

A major upset happened today when the top seeded Pakistan lost to the unseeded Australia. For the unseeded Australians, it was their 10th (iirc) consecutive win over Pakistan

Nothing went right (except for one over) for the top seeded, world champions and bowling powerhouse. The bowling attack comprising of some of the world's most talented bowlers gave away 190 runs to the Aussies. If not for the 20th over which produced 5 wkts, Aus could have reached a remarkable score of 200. Mohammed Aamer, hailed by many as the new Akram, put on a splendid performance to pick 3 wkts and get two RO in the 20 over of the OZ inning. The world champs had finally shown what they are capable of after taking hammering till the 19th over

When the champions, after not so powerful bowling performance, came out to bat to chase the formidable total, Renowned Pak commentator Rameez probably thought Pak wrestled back the momentum in the final over they bowled and now it would be a cake walk for the explosive batting side which include player who are well versed in the art of swinging their bats in all directions. Little did he know that the March of the Pakistanis (inspired by the documentary the March of the Penguins) to the pavilion would began soon.

The wickets started falling quickly but the hopes were still intact as the batting line up bats deep with 'all-rounders' like Aamer batting at #9. After a brief stay, the most promising young batsman the world, Umer Akmal departed. Now the hope rested on Pak captain Afridi, who is known to do 'anything' to help Pak win. In no time, the captain hit a few big blows. Rameez felt that two-three more overs of him and Pak would be home. But known to self destruct, Afridi got cleaned up pretty soon. He departed giving a suspicious look at the umpired probably feeling there was something wrong with the ball that got him out. Then walked in Razzaq, the all-rounder, who can change the game single handedly (ever wondered how many such players Pak has). But he didn't last long and with that the Pakistani hopes were gone. Soon the Australians picked up their 10th consecutive win against Pakistan making many ponder which was real top side out there!
:happy:

You just cursed the OZs.

Faisal1985

There were some huge mistakes made today by Afridi when bowling....that cost us the game. Otherwise OZs are a joke in T20.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good to see Afridi's overrated captaincy skills getting exposed big time over here.He is virtually playing with 9 players as Alam and Razzaq only get in the game when the result is a formality.Has given heavy responsbility to two guys Hafeez and Sami which is unfair because

a) they are making a comeback
b) they are rubbish.

Last edited:

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
It seems a huge deal is being made over this 'five-wicket maiden'. I know has probably never happened in international cricket before (probably not even in FC or LA) but I'd consider it more of an interesting statistic than a remarkable feat, as it would have been had it happened in the first over or even sometime in the middle.

Props to Aamer on getting the first two wickets (off memory they were White and Haddin?), but getting two consecutive batsmen out trying to run byes in the final over is nothing really to be paraded around and heralded for.

Regardless, congrats to Aamer for pulling off a feat that may never be seen again (until Tait gets a 6-wicket maiden against Bangladesh) :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such as this 56 out of 26 against Australia consisting of Mcgrath?

2nd Match: Australia v Pakistan at Hobart, Jan 16, 2005 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Or this against SA boasting of Polly, Ntini?
2nd ODI: South Africa v Pakistan at Durban, Feb 7, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Or the fact he made the fastest hundred ever opening an innings?

Logic fail.
So you had to trawl through over 300 matches to find isolated examples of when he's whacked top class fast men

I, on the other hand, only had to lie on my couch and watch a couple of balls to be proven correct

Sir Alex

Banned
So you had to trawl through over 300 matches to find isolated examples of when he's whacked top class fast men

I, on the other hand, only had to lie on my couch and watch a couple of balls to be proven correct
No, I just quoted some matches off my head. Interesting considering you are prepared to judge the ability of a man who tonked Mcgrath for 31 from 11 and Lee for 25 from 14 on the fastest wicket in the world as **** player of fast bowling just because he got out slogging because the required rate was over 12?

Or applying your logic, Clarke seems to be a **** player of spin, does he not?

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
No, I just quoted some matches off my head. Interesting considering you are prepared to judge the ability of a man who tonked Mcgrath for 31 from 11 and Lee for 25 from 14 on the fastest wicket in the world as **** player of fast bowling just because he got out slogging because the required rate was over 12?

Or applying your logic, Clarke seems to be a **** player of spin, does he not?
Don't be facetious.

He said that they should protect Smith from Afridi, because he's a young player still learning his craft, bowling to a guy who isn't a great player of pace. Everyone knows that Afridi's gone nuts, and no-one gets spared, but it's completely away from the point that social was trying to make.

Sir Alex

Banned
Don't be facetious.

He said that they should protect Smith from Afridi, because he's a young player still learning his craft, bowling to a guy who isn't a great player of pace. Everyone knows that Afridi's gone nuts, and no-one gets spared, but it's completely away from the point that social was trying to make.
Perhaps you missed his posts where he was insinuating Afridi was a walking wicket against pace.

Further, newbie or not, he is playing international cricket, and 21 is hardly kiddo age. If he needs to be 'guarded' against being hit in T20s, he might as well stay at home.

Faisal1985

Good to see Afridi's overrated captaincy skills getting exposed big time over here.He is virtually playing with 9 players as Alam and Razzaq only get in the game when the result is a formality.Has given heavy responsbility to two guys Hafeez and Sami which is unfair because

a) they are making a comeback
b) they are rubbish.
I only hope that Afridi "learns" from his mistakes unlike other captains before him...(highly unlikely though). The guy couldn't understand **** and gave 4 straight overs to Hafeez, unbelievable.....if he wanted to start of with spin that bad he could have had Ajmal bowl a couple in the beginning and Ajmal did beat Watto with a couple of good doosras after...it was highly likely that Ajmal would have trapped Watson early on...

In any case to me, most important things that Afridi has to do are:

1) Bring Asif back in the side and dump Sami.
2) Don't rely too much on Hafeez in batting or bowling. Instead promote Alam at 1 down position. Left right combo is always frustrating for the bowling side.
3) Have Razzaq open. I have said it all along this guy can bat when given responsibility. Once settled he is brilliant against pace bowling...
4) Afridi should not bowl so early he is only getting hammered all over the place. May be coming in late to bowl might make a difference.

But all this, if we make it to the next round.

I don't think Aussies will throw the game away, they want to stamp their authority in T20 so its highly unlikely. But Bang is very well capable of beating Australia. I hate this feeling when we leave things to other teams...

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
If pakistan is knocked out of this tournment.. the pakistani team is not blamed for this..

They played hard in both of their games.. they just lost to a better team yesterday..

on that note..Bang is well capable of beating Aus... so it will be a good contest between these two teams to look forwad...

cricman

International 12th Man
I have a question lets say Watto and Warner go off and Australia scores 185 and than it rains & and it becomes a 5 over affair, wouldnt that actually help Pakistan and Hurt Bangladesh?