Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Road to the 2010 Twenty20 World Cup

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop4real View Post
    India should get back their title !!!
    Pankan?

  2. #32
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Just got news that Afridi will be leading Pak.

    Good move imo. Afridi was by far the best choice from the current squad.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

  3. #33
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,110
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Yeah, favorites afaic. Got Bollinger, Hauritz and Watson in top form. White and Voges have been good as well.
    Reckon Bollinger and Hauritz are unlikely to play in the T20.

  4. #34
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    635
    Just why arent Pakistan favs this time around??

    I dont get it, they have reached finals twice, won once and posses the best t20 record going around. The balance in that side is incredible.

    Obviously they are severely lacking in the test department and also the odi to a certain extent.

    But consider this, pretty much the exact same world cup winning team from last year will be going into the tournament with the addition of Umar Akmal and Mohammad Asif this time around. They actually looked unbeatable against tremendously in form teams in the later stages of the tournament.

    You never felt South Africa or Sri Lanka had a chance with the way Pakistan was playing in the later stages.
    Last edited by mohammad16; 23-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.


  5. #35
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Reckon Bollinger and Hauritz are unlikely to play in the T20.
    Any particular reason?

  6. #36
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    Just why arent Pakistan favs this time around??

    I dont get it, they have reached finals twice, won once and posses the best t20 record going around. The balance in that side is incredible.

    Obviously they are severely lacking in the test department and also the odi to a certain extent.

    But consider this, pretty much the exact same world cup winning team from last year will be going into the tournament with the addition of Umar Akmal and Mohammad Asif this time around. They actually looked unbeatable against tremendously in form teams in the later stages of the tournament.

    You never felt South Africa or Sri Lanka had a chance with the way Pakistan was playing in the later stages.
    Now why would Pakistan be the favorites! ? Its not like they are playing domestic T20s for the past month and a half....and eager to go at it in the WC after the IPL snub.

    Pakistan in batting order.

    Mohammad Hafeez
    Kamran Akmal
    Abdul Razzaq
    Umar Akmal
    Misbah-ul-Haq
    Shahid Afridi
    Fawad Alam
    Mohammad Amir
    Umar Gul
    Mohammad Asif
    Saeed Ajmal

    P.S. I would take Sami over Gul considering his current T20 form.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 23-03-2010 at 01:35 PM.

  7. #37
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,110
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Any particular reason?
    In recent times, Aus have gone with a bowling line-up of:

    Tait
    Nannes
    Johnson

    With Steve Smith doing some bowling, and you have Brett Lee to come back in. Bollinger would be competing with him as well as McKay and Harris to get a game. And there seems to be a general reluctance to play Hauritz in this format, and especially if the grounds in the WI are to be small. Ponting didn't even use Hauritz for his full allotment of overs in a lot of the ODI games in NZ with concerns over the size of grounds, let alone T20 cricket.

  8. #38
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In recent times, Aus have gone with a bowling line-up of:

    Tait
    Nannes
    Johnson

    With Steve Smith doing some bowling, and you have Brett Lee to come back in. Bollinger would be competing with him as well as McKay and Harris to get a game. And there seems to be a general reluctance to play Hauritz in this format, and especially if the grounds in the WI are to be small. Ponting didn't even use Hauritz for his full allotment of overs in a lot of the ODI games in NZ with concerns over the size of grounds, let alone T20 cricket.
    Ponting wont be captain in the T20s though. Things might change with Clarke as captain.

  9. #39
    Global Moderator vic_orthdox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    25,110
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    Ponting wont be captain in the T20s though. Things might change with Clarke as captain.
    True, but that was still the side chosen for the T20 with Clarke as captain in NZ, and at home versus Pak and WI.

  10. #40
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Taking Tait instead of Bollinger is like quitting a full time corporate job to take up gambling as a profession.

  11. #41
    International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,446
    Looking at the IPL India should take Manish Pandey and Uthappa or at least Pandey. Raina needs to do more.

  12. #42
    Hall of Fame Member Cevno's Avatar
    Simon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    15,769
    Saurabh Tiwary too.

    With Yuvraj it is a big gamble at the moment.

  13. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Channels clamouring for Tendulkar to play T20 WC.

  14. #44
    International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,446
    I don't see Sachin playing the WC. But will be happy wth this line up

    Sehwag
    Gambhir
    Pandey
    Yuvraj (Think we should give him some time, he has just come back from injury)
    Uthappa
    Dhoni
    Pathan
    Jadeja
    Bhajji
    Khan
    Praveen

    A overdose of spin for the slow tracks of WI.

  15. #45
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,983
    Moving this one to the T20 WC forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, UAE 2010
    By laksh_01 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 14-02-2010, 01:17 PM
  2. Men's and Women's Twenty20 World Cups
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-05-2009, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •