• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2010 Twenty20 World Cup

Shri

Mr. Glass
Pakistan to win.:ph34r:

If it works, we will see a lot of flair in the games, if they lose, my jinx would have worked. Win win.:p

Teja.

Global Moderator
Since I don't care much about T20, I'm supporting B'desh because they need the confidence boost more than any other team.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, favorites afaic. Got Bollinger, Hauritz and Watson in top form. White and Voges have been good as well.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I might have £50 on Australia to win it, Ponting will be motivated, it is the only trophy missing in his great career.

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I never knew punter retired from twenty20, that is a surprise for me, i thought he would have had a never crack this year. i aint backing Austalia now with Clarke has captain.
Then again ponting never really liked the format twenty20. :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very quick bowlers, flat decks, short boundaries and T20 = a lottery

OZ could just as easily win as be eliminated at any stage

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Just got news that Afridi will be leading Pak.

Good move imo. Afridi was by far the best choice from the current squad.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Just why arent Pakistan favs this time around??

I dont get it, they have reached finals twice, won once and posses the best t20 record going around. The balance in that side is incredible.

Obviously they are severely lacking in the test department and also the odi to a certain extent.

But consider this, pretty much the exact same world cup winning team from last year will be going into the tournament with the addition of Umar Akmal and Mohammad Asif this time around. They actually looked unbeatable against tremendously in form teams in the later stages of the tournament.

You never felt South Africa or Sri Lanka had a chance with the way Pakistan was playing in the later stages.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Just why arent Pakistan favs this time around??

I dont get it, they have reached finals twice, won once and posses the best t20 record going around. The balance in that side is incredible.

Obviously they are severely lacking in the test department and also the odi to a certain extent.

But consider this, pretty much the exact same world cup winning team from last year will be going into the tournament with the addition of Umar Akmal and Mohammad Asif this time around. They actually looked unbeatable against tremendously in form teams in the later stages of the tournament.

You never felt South Africa or Sri Lanka had a chance with the way Pakistan was playing in the later stages.
Now why would Pakistan be the favorites! ? Its not like they are playing domestic T20s for the past month and a half....and eager to go at it in the WC after the IPL snub. :ph34r:

Pakistan in batting order.

Mohammad Hafeez
Kamran Akmal
Abdul Razzaq
Umar Akmal
Misbah-ul-Haq
Shahid Afridi
Fawad Alam
Mohammad Amir
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif
Saeed Ajmal

P.S. I would take Sami over Gul considering his current T20 form.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Any particular reason?
In recent times, Aus have gone with a bowling line-up of:

Tait
Nannes
Johnson

With Steve Smith doing some bowling, and you have Brett Lee to come back in. Bollinger would be competing with him as well as McKay and Harris to get a game. And there seems to be a general reluctance to play Hauritz in this format, and especially if the grounds in the WI are to be small. Ponting didn't even use Hauritz for his full allotment of overs in a lot of the ODI games in NZ with concerns over the size of grounds, let alone T20 cricket.

Shri

Mr. Glass
In recent times, Aus have gone with a bowling line-up of:

Tait
Nannes
Johnson

With Steve Smith doing some bowling, and you have Brett Lee to come back in. Bollinger would be competing with him as well as McKay and Harris to get a game. And there seems to be a general reluctance to play Hauritz in this format, and especially if the grounds in the WI are to be small. Ponting didn't even use Hauritz for his full allotment of overs in a lot of the ODI games in NZ with concerns over the size of grounds, let alone T20 cricket.
Ponting wont be captain in the T20s though. Things might change with Clarke as captain.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Taking Tait instead of Bollinger is like quitting a full time corporate job to take up gambling as a profession.