• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Octopus

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Knows his football. :notworthy

And BTW, how can anyone eat an octopus? Eww.

Burgey

Knows his football. :notworthy

And BTW, how can anyone eat an octopus? Eww.
Marinated baby octopus on the barbecue come NRL grand final day every year for yonks tbh.

Til the ****s changed it to a night game anyway.

Burgey

Nah mate, not the same. If I start grogging on mid-arvo then try to cook the bbq before the game I'll end up in hospital.

Was better with a 3 pm kick off - could go the fish markets, pick up what I needed, come home, cook it, get blind then wake up the next day and find out who won the game.

Speaking of lunch, when are you in town, ****?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've never had raw octopus actually, but I'd be interested in trying it. That and snake's blood are two things I really want to try soon.

I know people eat live animals, but I draw the line at that - not because I'm disgusted by it, but I just don't see the cruelty as necessary. Just kill it quickly first, and then eat it raw if you like that taste. I mean I'd eat bugs and worms live, but not fish, octopus or anything bigger. Perhaps a bit odd, but fish are vertebrates so that's why. And octopus...because...well, they're actually pretty intelligent creatures, so I wouldn't feel right about that for some reason.

EDIT: outside of sushi - have had octopus as part of sushi but it's not the same I think.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
EDIT: outside of sushi - have had octopus as part of sushi but it's not the same I think.
Yeah, generally octopus sushi in Western countries is of the cooked variety. In Japan they have that AND the good raw stuff.

It was hilarious making my mother try it when she visited me a couple of years back. I'd say it's an acquired taste.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's not that bad - I've tried a few. They are either cruchy or slimy - but taste wise you can barely taste most of them. It's just the initial disgust at the thought of eating that rather than the taste that stops you.