Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Doesn't explain why once reaching the edge of the opposition's penalty area, they just turned around and passed to back to their goalkeeper. It's like just pressing pass all the time on FIFA, sure the other team won't get the ball, but it's ****ing boring and so negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

The Puyol/Robben incident makes a mockery of the idea that players should stay on their feet wherever possible. Can't say I blame any player for going down a bit easily when the alternative is for the referee to ignore an obvious foul.

Secondly, there is a difference between being physical and simply kicking **** out of the opposition. The Dutch didn't cross the line, they were so far over the line it's untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    hah, nonsense already said they are whining more then the spanish, they dived worse, they're less of a team, would love to do an anti namby-pamby thing, but the dutch were intimidating and crying at the ref, no they were not hard and fair, they were soft and sneaky. Kicking people in a thuggish and boringly negative way, may be what you want to praise, good luck to you, I won't join in though.
    haha, I might be biased, but i'm 100% sure if you put all the tackles of the final next to each other you'd see that 7/10 Dutch tackles weren't actually anything close to dirty, just spanish nancy boys being better at the schwalbe then the Dutch.

as i said, Yes van Bommel and De Jong deserved red for the overwhole performance, so did Iniesta, Heitinga deserved his 2nd yellow, his 1st yellow was one of the above nancy boys doing a dive.

and Webb is an absolute tosser for missing the most obvious corner EVER.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    The Puyol/Robben incident makes a mockery of the idea that players should stay on their feet wherever possible. Can't say I blame any player for going down a bit easily when the alternative is for the referee to ignore an obvious foul.

Secondly, there is a difference between being physical and simply kicking **** out of the opposition. The Dutch didn't cross the line, they were so far over the line it's untrue.

bulluppercut and you know it...Spain and Webb made the Dutch look like kicking **** the **** out of Spain, Spain played just as hard...just because everyone has that image of De Jong on their mind doesn't mean it was like that the whole game...your just following what all the media is saying, everyone who does know something about Football has a different opinion.

and your making a joke out of being a mod.

can't wait till Spanish Vincente gets a go for modship.
    Last edited by Kweek; 13-07-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Use of the word "bullcrap" seriously devalues your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Use of the word "bullcrap" seriously devalues your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    robben and van persie were worse then any spanish player and they had less provocation,
    Do you mean the Robben that was clearly being pulled back by Puyol while charging through on goal in possession and did not go down denying Spain a certain red card?

EDIT: Also I think both the Dutch and the Spanish played a pretty hard brand of football in the final. Mentioned it before the Spanish were hardly angels, just the better of a poor bunch. I think Kweeks right in a sense, the media has seemed pretty biased against Holland, while fawning over the Spanish team because they have better technical ability. Doesn't quite seem right to me.
    Last edited by Ausage; 14-07-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Invalid, you said you can't say one player is better than the other when they do different things in a game, which to me is like saying you can't say Cesc is a better player than Alex Song which is bollocks.
    Nah you're taking what I'm saying into a different direction as I expected. Essien is class at what he does, same as Lampard is. As such it'd be hard to say who's the better player. Ferdinand's a better player than Eduardo and we're not comparing positions there but how good they are relative to it.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post

That son is what they call playing advantage.

Agree on the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Do you mean the Robben that was clearly being pulled back by Puyol while charging through on goal in possession and did not go down denying Spain a certain red card?

EDIT: Also I think both the Dutch and the Spanish played a pretty hard brand of football in the final. Mentioned it before the Spanish were hardly angels, just the better of a poor bunch. I think Kweeks right in a sense, the media has seemed pretty biased against Holland, while fawning over the Spanish team because they have better technical ability. Doesn't quite seem right to me.
    Nah the Dutch were far worse. Sure Spain put in a few tough/late tackles but Netherlands' count was in double figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Starting to think you may not have watched the final but just watched the ITV guys in the chair talk crap for ages itbt.
    As if I'd watch ITV, as if anyone watched ITV, TBH.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    That son is what they call playing advantage.

Agree on the second part.
    What advantage did Robben gain though?

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Nah the Dutch were far worse. Sure Spain put in a few tough/late tackles but Netherlands' count was in double figures.
    Nah nah, that's misleading.
    A lot of the fouls that Netherlands committed weren't really fouls, Spain were just going down way to easy and Webb loved blowing the whistle.

I agree with Ausage and Kweek, the media has made it out to be worse than it was. Half of Netherlands yellows were either very harsh, or down to Spanish theatrics. Yeah, Netherlands were a bit more aggressive than Spain, but only a little bit, Spain got away with a lot of stuff that the Netherlands didn't because of theatrics, or just plain inconsistency.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information