• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So. it's come to this, well **** you all.

Honestly are you all going to argue against everything GF says, no matter whether it's right or not, because you don't much like him as mod, brilliant, I didn't like PF as mod, he's young and york****e, but i didn't really give a flying ****.

You use my posts against him because he agreed with it, that pisses me off because it was my best post ever, **** you all.

Furball may be a ****ing stupid biased sweatty who should in no way be a mod, but so ****ing what, just try posting like sensible normal human beings, and if he ****s up go for him, rather then this childish vendetta.

Matteh

So. it's come to this, well **** you all.

Honestly are you all going to argue against everything GF says, no matter whether it's right or not, because you don't much like him as mod, brilliant, I didn't like PF as mod, he's young and york****e, but i didn't really give a flying ****.

You use my posts against him because he agreed with it, that pisses me off because it was my best post ever, **** you all.

Furball may be a ****ing stupid biased sweatty who should in no way be a mod, but so ****ing what, just try posting like sensible normal human beings, and if he ****s up go for him, rather then this childish vendetta.
Tarick is Dutch and therefore severely biased.
I think everyone in football needs to harden the **** up and so whinge about Spain diving and making the most out of the tiniest things and don't mind the Dutch employing hard tackling.

Do agree with some key points in that post however. Nothing good about Yorkshire.

grecian

Tarick is Dutch and therefore severely biased.
I think everyone in football needs to harden the **** up and so whinge about Spain diving and making the most out of the tiniest things and don't mind the Dutch employing hard tackling.

Do agree with some key points in that post however. Nothing good about Yorkshire.
oh **** off, being kicked in the chest is whinging, and btw the dutch whinged most on the pitch then anyone, so it's a totally facile argument.

Last edited:

Matteh

oh **** off, being kicked in the chest is whinging, and btw the dutch whinged most on the pitch then anyone, so it's a totally fascile argument.
That one incident in no way makes up for the countless rolling around on the floor for the rest of the game and Iniesta going down after the slightest of touches on the shoulder. Football players in general go down easier and make more fuss than a paraplegic dropped from a plane and it's boring and irritating, so when a side in particular does it, it's woeful to watch.

Much much prefer the way the Dutch played to the way Spain did by a country mile.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Trezeguet would probably have been one of the designated penalty takers in any case, as he had been subbed on for that purpose.

A bit harsh to call him rubbish, remember his winner in Euro 2000?
Remember that it was a chance that was almost totally created by Pires which left Trezeguet in a position from which it would have been hard to miss.

grecian

That one incident in no way makes up for the countless rolling around on the floor for the rest of the game and Iniesta going down after the slightest of touches on the shoulder. Football players in general go down easier and make more fuss than a paraplegic dropped from a plane and it's boring and irritating, so when a side in particular does it, it's woeful to watch.

Much much prefer the way the Dutch played to the way Spain did by a country mile.
robben and van persie were worse then any spanish player and they had less provocation, sorry your trying to build an argument, which didn't exist on play, the dutch were even bigger play-acters then the spanish, there was nothing about them that was morally superior, they were ****s, imho.

Matteh

robben and van persie were worse then any spanish player and they had less provocation, sorry your trying to build an argument, which didn't exist on play, the dutch were even bigger play-acters then the spanish, there was nothing about them that was morally superior, they were ****s, imho.
Bar Robben's expected flings, there's no way that the Dutch did it more. Tackling hard doesn't make them ****s, should be praising them for getting stuck in instead of the nambypambying we see all the time thesedays.

grecian

Bar Robben's expected flings, there's no way that the Dutch did it more. Tackling hard doesn't make them ****s, should be praising them for getting stuck in instead of the nambypambying we see all the time thesedays.
hah, nonsense already said they are whining more then the spanish, they dived worse, they're less of a team, would love to do an anti namby-pamby thing, but the dutch were intimidating and crying at the ref, no they were not hard and fair, they were soft and sneaky. Kicking people in a thuggish and boringly negative way, may be what you want to praise, good luck to you, I won't join in though.

Matteh

Starting to think you may not have watched the final but just watched the ITV guys in the chair talk crap for ages itbt.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbh, I have no problem with the hard approach etc.. But Holland were just urgh, as Grecian has alluded to. And in fact, have been throughout the entire tournament. Pretty sure Van Bommel is in the team for no other reason than to "break up the play" (i.e. go out and foul the other team to death).

Matteh

Still far far more entertaining than watching a team sit on the halfway line passing to each other and never shooting, eventually boring the opposition into submission.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still far far more entertaining than watching a team sit on the halfway line passing to each other and never shooting, eventually boring the opposition into submission.
Tenuous claim tbh. I'm not one who rated Spain particularly, but the only reason they had to adopt such an approach is because whoever their opposition were simply put 10 men behind the ball every game.

Matteh

Doesn't explain why once reaching the edge of the opposition's penalty area, they just turned around and passed to back to their goalkeeper. It's like just pressing pass all the time on FIFA, sure the other team won't get the ball, but it's ****ing boring and so negative.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Puyol/Robben incident makes a mockery of the idea that players should stay on their feet wherever possible. Can't say I blame any player for going down a bit easily when the alternative is for the referee to ignore an obvious foul.

Secondly, there is a difference between being physical and simply kicking **** out of the opposition. The Dutch didn't cross the line, they were so far over the line it's untrue.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hah, nonsense already said they are whining more then the spanish, they dived worse, they're less of a team, would love to do an anti namby-pamby thing, but the dutch were intimidating and crying at the ref, no they were not hard and fair, they were soft and sneaky. Kicking people in a thuggish and boringly negative way, may be what you want to praise, good luck to you, I won't join in though.
haha, I might be biased, but i'm 100% sure if you put all the tackles of the final next to each other you'd see that 7/10 Dutch tackles weren't actually anything close to dirty, just spanish nancy boys being better at the schwalbe then the Dutch.

as i said, Yes van Bommel and De Jong deserved red for the overwhole performance, so did Iniesta, Heitinga deserved his 2nd yellow, his 1st yellow was one of the above nancy boys doing a dive.

and Webb is an absolute tosser for missing the most obvious corner EVER.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The Puyol/Robben incident makes a mockery of the idea that players should stay on their feet wherever possible. Can't say I blame any player for going down a bit easily when the alternative is for the referee to ignore an obvious foul.

Secondly, there is a difference between being physical and simply kicking **** out of the opposition. The Dutch didn't cross the line, they were so far over the line it's untrue.

bulluppercut and you know it...Spain and Webb made the Dutch look like kicking **** the **** out of Spain, Spain played just as hard...just because everyone has that image of De Jong on their mind doesn't mean it was like that the whole game...your just following what all the media is saying, everyone who does know something about Football has a different opinion.

and your making a joke out of being a mod.

can't wait till Spanish Vincente gets a go for modship.

Last edited: