Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Foster needs to chop his dick off. He's a good commentator when he's not rubbing one out to anything related to Spanish football.
    Or Italian football.

It's because of "purists" like him that I was actually rooting for the Netherlands.
    ★★★★★

Webb is so ****ing dumb, I'm beginning to suspect he's the man behind Bruce_Campbell. Kills me how football referees devoid of any ability and judgement can officiate for the WC finals.

For once find myself agreeing with Alan Hansen: the Dutch play in the first 45 minutes was an utter disgrace. I'm still disappointed they lost though.

And to the ****ing Merkans whining about how this can be the most popular sport in the world go **** yourself with your silly watching-the-grass-grow run a lap if you hit a ball base*****, ice ****ey and bloody basket*****. Horrible to watch even if it's the greatest game in the sport's history.

There, pointless rant off my chest, World Cup done and dusted.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Well done Spain.

Felt the Dutch should have played more defensively after they were down to 10 men.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    For once find myself agreeing with Alan Hansen: the Dutch play in the first 45 minutes was an utter disgrace. I'm still disappointed they lost though.

And to the ****ing Merkans whining about how this can be the most popular sport in the world go **** yourself with your silly watching-the-grass-grow run a lap if you hit a ball base*****, ice ****ey and bloody basket*****. Horrible to watch even if it's the greatest game in the sport's history.

There, pointless rant off my chest, World Cup done and dusted.
    Small point, but Ice-Hockey is so much better than football it's not even funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    No doubt plenty of criticism of Howard Webb. He had an indifferent Premier League season and made mistakes tonight. The biggest mistake he made was going beyond the call of duty in an attempt not to ruin the game as a spectacle - certainly not something the Dutch could be accused of. This was a throw back to the appalling South American club sides of the 60's who regularly kicked lumps out of the European Cup Winners in the annual World Club Championship match.
    Totally agree

In a normal game, at least 2 would've been marched by half-time and several others before the end

Reckon he was just about the only "honourable" guy on the pitch for the most part

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Ice Hockey is the one North American sport that's actually alright....probably because it's not American.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Agree to an extent but he did miss a great chance and on the biggest stage he's ever played on, didnt dive when he had Puyol dead to rights

Anyway, he's a grubby, dirty, diving, whinging **** so **** him
    yes 4 years ago at chelsea he was....he hasn't done that since Real Madrid....you should watch some football somtimes before saying such a dumb thing.

oh and blatant miss of offside just before the goal, plus a rubbish goal kick...

**** you Howard Webb
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Well done Spain.

Felt the Dutch should have played more defensively after they were down to 10 men.
    I was supporting the Dutch team but by the end of the game I had no sympathy left for them.
    I was so glad the match didn't go to penalties tbh... Just glad someone scored and ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Ice Hockey is the one North American sport that's actually alright....probably because it's not American.
    you can't even properly follow the puck...****ty sport imho

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Just too bad you can't ever see the object of play and the score only ticks over because a traffic light comes on at random intervals. Pfaaah.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Pretty awful game. Best team won this match, and the whole competition. Well done Spain.

Banned
    I'm not a great footy fan, but I can see why it's a more popular sport worldwide than cricket, or the American sports of NFL, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, etc.

However, this final would've done very little to win over new recruits. It's a pity Holland reached this final, because their play typified the very worst of European football. It's unfortunate that the Brazilians committed harikiri against the Dutch, because a Spain-Brazil final would've been so much better.

Still, that's not Holland's fault. They beat everybody to reach the final. But for me, cricket and athletics have always been more exciting, and this final has just reinforced my prejudices in that direction....

Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post
    yes 4 years ago at chelsea he was....he hasn't done that since Real Madrid....you should watch some football somtimes before saying such a dumb thing.

oh and blatant miss of offside just before the goal, plus a rubbish goal kick...

**** you Howard Webb
    Robben goes down easily but I haven't seen him dive.

According to the BBC re-run Iniesta wasn't off-side when the ball was fed to him for the first time and ricocheted back to Fabregas off the Dutch defender. A clean goal, I'm afraid. Stekelenburg did get a hand to it...so near etc.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    @ the monging out against Spain. Deserved winners.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information