• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Spain (World Cup Final)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got up at 4 to watch the final, **** all happened, went to have a shave, they ****ing well scored. Still haven't seen the goal.

Anyway, you can pick any major sporting event to pieces, but the WC is sublime, no matter what gets dished up. Transcends football.

Just an incredible, incredible event.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Got up at 4 to watch the final, **** all happened, went to have a shave, they ****ing well scored. Still haven't seen the goal.

Anyway, you can pick any major sporting event to pieces, but the WC is sublime, no matter what gets dished up. Transcends football.

Just an incredible, incredible event.
Yeah, fair call IMHO.

'Snot like cricket's WC final* was anything to right home about either. Least football's didn't end in pitch darkness.

*Whole tournament was pretty ****house, now I think about it.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh dear this thread so much worse than the game.

World cup finals are rarely fantastic games and today was no different, was not woefull though.

Anyway well done Spain, deserved to win tonight and the whole tournament. Ok they never played at their best and you can say what you like about them being boring (I personally don't think they are) but they were by far the better side in the semi final and the final, don't think there can be any disputing that.

Want to feel some sympathy for the Dutch but it is hard given the way the 'played' today.

Love Iniesta personally, enjoying the hate he has been getting.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Hardly. Just because precious football fans can't take criticism from someone who doesn't know as much about the game as them. Pretty pathetic the attitude towards people from non-footballing countries who come up and actually make sensible suggestions and then get shot down with some crap insult about not understanding the game.
Haha, if you think SS's constant troll posts about the rules, competition names and how soccer is stupid were sensible suggestions, fair play to you.

Didn't actually mind what he said. If you notice, I didn't get angry at him, nor did I warn him. I was just pointing out the simple fact that plenty of people involved with the sport are and have criticized the final, so my point was not exactly unfair. He can take that however he wishes, and I don't generally get mad at internet rants, so he is welcome to express his opinion.
I don't actually disagree that the final was a horrible game.

Pothas

Yeah, fair call IMHO.

'Snot like cricket's WC final* was anything to right home about either. Least football's didn't end in pitch darkness.

I loved it because it was the world cup.

Not going to pretend it was the best tournament ever though, football generally quite defensive at the moment, most succesfull sides played with two defensive midfeald players. These things will always change though, sure we will see different trends in four years time.

Still provided some excellent games though, Italy as they so often seem to do provided some of the best drama of the tournament even when they are ****. Loved that game so much.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, fair call IMHO.

Indeed. Last WC cricket final was over as a contest inside 15 overs.

Best things to come out of it were the squash ball conspiracy theories, and Jayawardene being a gent and leeting the game play out, even in pitch darkness. WAG.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
It's not an argument, it's just what he did. If you send off a player (or two) early in the game you risk ruining football's greatest showpiece. He therefore gave the players the benefit of what he saw as doubt.
Benefit of the doubt for trying to stab someone in the chest with your studs?

It's his job to officiate to the laws of the game, he has no business of worrying about footballs image. If a player commits such an offence it should be dealt with according to the laws.

Or was he just a PR man moonlighting as a ref?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Benefit of the doubt for trying to stab someone in the chest with your studs?

It's his job to officiate to the laws of the game, he has no business of worrying about footballs image. If a player commits such an offence it should be dealt with according to the laws.

Or was he just a PR man moonlighting as a ref?
He might not have been right........but it's still what he did.

Johnners

Oh dear this thread so much worse than the game.

World cup finals are rarely fantastic games and today was no different, was not woefull though.

Anyway well done Spain, deserved to win tonight and the whole tournament. Ok they never played at their best and you can say what you like about them being boring (I personally don't think they are) but they were by far the better side in the semi final and the final, don't think there can be any disputing that.

Want to feel some sympathy for the Dutch but it is hard given the way the 'played' today.

Love Iniesta personally, enjoying the hate he has been getting.
Very much agree with this post.

Cesc the difference in the end imo, looked so much a better team when he was out there instead of Xabi. Gutted for 'nando :(