• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Argentina vs Germany (Quarter-Final Three)

Xuhaib

International Coach
If Germany wins this tourney it would be considered (atleast historically) as one of the most epic WC wins.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
why? Fittest team on this WC is by far the Germans.
Argentina have a weak defense, a crap midfielder (Veron) and a nutter as a coach.

Yes they have Messi and Tevez and Aguero and Milito...still fancy the Germans in winning this game.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Argentina have a weak defense, a crap midfielder (Veron) and a nutter as a coach.

Yes they have Messi and Tevez and Aguero and Milito...still fancy the Germans in winning this game.
This, mostly. Argentina are getting all the breaks, haven't been really tested by any opponent so far and Messi is yet to really catch fire. Germany will come up with a good plan to stifle him. If he steps it up a gear or two, Argentina will win.

Hope Argentina do it, but if Germany play the way they did against England, I won't be too disappointed either.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Argentina have a weak defense, a crap midfielder (Veron) and a nutter as a coach
He did say 'tourney' though. I suppose he's alluding to them having to beat England, Argentina, Spain, Brazil/Netherlands to get to the Cup - in addition to having one of the toughest groups.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jerry by an innings for me. Not getting the Argy love at all; haven't played anyone yet. Even we beat Mexico, FFS.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Come on Argentina, both defences are weak but I fancy them to win this.

This could still be Messi's tournament has looked on the brink of being fantastic every match without quite getting there yet, now is the time to really do it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
He did say 'tourney' though. I suppose he's alluding to them having to beat England, Argentina, Spain, Brazil/Netherlands to get to the Cup - in addition to having one of the toughest groups.
yeah this if all goes to plan all their knock victories will be against the so called heavy weights of the footballing world can't remember this happening ever.

irfan

State Captain
Winner of this match will win the WC imo. Argentina definitely more suspect at the back, but with the array of talent going forward I can't see them not scoring more than the opposition.

Hopefully both teams go for it and a goalfest will ensue

Craig

World Traveller
Jerry by an innings for me. Not getting the Argy love at all; haven't played anyone yet. Even we beat Mexico, FFS.
So is you going for Argentina akin for you supporting Tottenham?

I have to go for Germany, having heard Phillipp Lahm's press conferences have led me to conclude that he is a rather angry person:

"We know South Americans are a temperamental lot," said Lahm. "On Saturday we will see how they deal with another defeat."

(linky)

Doesn't mince words does our Phillipp.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
So is you going for Argentina akin for you supporting Tottenham?

I have to go for Germany, having heard Phillipp Lahm's press conferences have led me to conclude that he is a rather angry person:

"We know South Americans are a temperamental lot," said Lahm. "On Saturday we will see how they deal with another defeat."

(linky)

Doesn't mince words does our Phillipp.
Pretty much the same thing: Ardiles, Villa...