Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Argentina vs Germany (Quarter-Final Three)

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    This is such a crap point, it is fairly obvioust that for all Maradona's failings he is desperate for Messi and his team to do well.

Anyway Argentina's defence was awful and the Germans were great, still fancy Spain (If they get past Paraguay of course) to get past them though, will be a great match though
    Yeah, Maradona wanted them to do well, but he made Kevin Keegan look a tactical genius, little shape, little plan, just not an International coach, which it doesn't pain me to say
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Muller missing semis is absolute bull ****. Thats not an yellow card for gods sake. An exciting young player missing biggest match of his career because he got booked twice in 5 games, both of'em being ridiculously soft.

vcs
    This is such a crap point, it is fairly obvioust that for all Maradona's failings he is desperate for Messi and his team to do well.

Anyway Argentina's defence was awful and the Germans were great, still fancy Spain (If they get past Paraguay of course) to get past them though, will be a great match though
    Yeah, that was a low blow, sorry. Can't question the man's passion, I've even seen him attend Argentina's Davis Cup ties. But he's clueless tactically and passion doesn't win you matches against opposition like Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Give maradona a rest guys; Even capello got owned by german tactics. Germans are preparing based on their opponent rather playing a particular style. Besides germany's first goal is not maradona's fault, defenders are just piss poor in set pieces at the start of the match.
    He is a bad coach, but not as bad as people want to portray him.

The big moment was obviously 1-0 after 3 min, when that ball boy, whatshisface, scored - which allowed Germany to play with less pressure. On the other hand, I must say Schweinsteiger did looked awfully nervous throughout.

I think I'll just have to take the money I owe the IRS and use it buy some coke to drown my sorrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggas View Post
    The big moment was obviously 1-0 after 3 min, when that ball boy, whatshisface, scored - which allowed Germany to play with less pressure. On the other hand, I must say Schweinsteiger did looked awfully nervous throughout.

I think I'll just have to take the money I owe the IRS and use it buy some coke to drown my sorrows.
    'Ball boy whatshisface' also happens to be the joint highest scorer in the tournament with three of his four goals coming against England and Argentina FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    'Ball boy whatshisface' also happens to be the joint highest scorer in the tournament with three of his four goals coming against England and Argentina FYI.
    Sarcasm directed at Maradonna for his remarks and actions. But, ok, I'll give it a rest now.

Sarcasm directed at Maradonna for his remarks and actions. But, ok, I'll give it a rest now.
    Ah, I apologize! Missed it.

I'm sure somewhere Esteban Cambiasso is chuckling to himself.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    So, is Jerome Boateng now doing it for Africa?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    No, him being level with Gerd Muller is a big enough insult. It's like Clayton Lambert having the same average as Bradman.
    I can cope with Muller being overtaken - the bugger caused me way too much pain in 1970.

Probably true, but did you see Maradona & Messi after the Germany game? The manager trying to give his star player a hug, and Messi absolutely not buying into it at all.

International Captain
    Full marks to the hundred or so England fans in the crowd who at the end of the match taunted the Argie fans with chants of "We only lost 4-1".

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!

That'll be the same Schweinsteiger who looked composed and went on a mazy run resulting in a goal?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    That'll be the same Schweinsteiger who looked composed and went on a mazy run resulting in a goal?
    See reply to Teja. Should have used "nervoush," I guess. Schweini MoM, obviously.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information