• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Uruguay vs Ghana (Quarter-Final Two)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He'll miss the next game, if they go through, and he probably thinks, as said before, he could of probably headed it, and not given away the pen, which he probably thought had lost them it at the time.
Are you really going to take a chance of missing it by trying to head a ball hit from 3 feet away and the game being over at that moment? It seems awfully risky tbh...

If he tried to head it and missed it, surely questions would be asked about why he didn't get his hands up...

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One step pens ftl. It's the worst thing ever when playing 5asajlsdbvfgiosdbnv

Sorry about the typing, a jabulani just smashed through my window and hit me on the head.

grecian

Are you really going to take a chance of missing it by trying to head a ball hit from 3 feet away and the game being over at that moment? It seems awfully risky tbh...

If he tried to head it and missed it, surely questions would be asked about why he didn't get his hands up...
Yeah, just trying to explain why he was crying, some terrible pens here.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nuh, take your penalty goals/tries elsewhere.
Can you explain the reasoning of why it shouldn't be an automatic goal if the ball is clearly going in, there is no one behind the defender, and the defender deliberately uses his hand?

Ghana completely got hosed here - the game should have been over.

Jarquis

Becuz that's wot the rule iz. A penalty and red card deemed sufficient by those in the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's not a goal because it's not a goal :p.

I am asking if such a thing has been discussed before and if so, what was the reasoning behind the rule?
Nope, not that I'm aware of.

The reasoning is that, unless the whole ball crosses the line, there's no goal. Simple.