• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Brazil (Quarter-Final One)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
stickied :)

Can't see anyway Netherlands can win this tbh unless it gets down to penalties.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
have you seen brazil play football?

Maicon and Baston will be utterly hopeless against quality wingers (Elia, Robben)

The midfield of Brazil is their weakness, way to slow! van Bommel, De Jong and Sneijder will find a lot of space there.

Problem with The Netherlands is that we haven't played a decent team yet that will let us attack, so far we've played 4 teams (maybe not Cameroon) that basically dug themselves in and always had 9 man behind the ball.

put 25 euro on Holland winning via Unibet...odds are 4.09 I think, would make me a solid 100 euro's :)

Johnners

Admire your optimism, but honestly can't see it happening. No the Dutch haven't had anyone really attack them, but I'd be more worried about Fabiano/Robinho/Kaka running at the dutch defence than Van Persie/Robben/Kuyt. De Jong/Van Bommell can't mop up everything

R_D

International Debutant
I like both teams.... hopefully the team that plays good brand of football.. wins.
I can see this going into extra time as both teams are pretty good defensively.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both teams have been dull as ditchwater to watch (even though Brazil have scored plenty of goals). Hope the Dutch finally get over their tendency to lose to the first decent team they play as in previous major tournaments.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Brazil are only dull if you're expecting them to play as a hybrid of the 1970 and 1982 teams.

They're extremely solid defensively and excellent to watch going forward on the counter attack. As far as brilliance in attack goes, they're still the team to beat, most of their goals so far at the World Cup have been out of the top drawer as far as attacking brilliance goes, either individually (Maicon, Ramires' run to set up Robinho vs Chile), or collectively (Elano vs North Korea, Luis Fabiano vs Chile).

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Brazil are only dull if you're expecting them to play as a hybrid of the 1970 and 1982 teams.

They're extremely solid defensively and excellent to watch going forward on the counter attack. As far as brilliance in attack goes, they're still the team to beat, most of their goals so far at the World Cup have been out of the top drawer as far as attacking brilliance goes, either individually (Maicon, Ramires' run to set up Robinho vs Chile), or collectively (Elano vs North Korea, Luis Fabiano vs Chile).
same goes for the Netherlands really...only dull if you expect them to play as they did @ euro08, and we all know how well that ended.

The Dutch don't make big mistakes and generally play a solid and pacing game.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Admire your optimism, but honestly can't see it happening. No the Dutch haven't had anyone really attack them, but I'd be more worried about Fabiano/Robinho/Kaka running at the dutch defence than Van Persie/Robben/Kuyt. De Jong/Van Bommell can't mop up everything
I wouldn't be really that worried about Kaka, he's done sweet FA so far.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Backing yer Dutch to the hilt, but head sez Brazil.

Still think the Dutch defence is an accident waiting to happen, but on the plus side they haven't really played yet and have a 100% record. If they hit form...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He's looked absolutely dire in all the games that I've seen him play, slow on the ball, slow off the ball, runs into contact and gets tackled easily, sloppy passing and crappy shooting. If he carries on playing on like he is, he shouldn't really pose any problems to a half-decent defence.

Pothas

He is not at his best but he has not been that bad.

Dutch just need to get an early goal and it will be interesting, we have already seen what Brazil can do on the counter though.

Would expect Brazil to sneak past but think it will be tighter than some are imaginig and Robben is one of those special players who could just win you a game.