• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Netherlands vs Brazil (Quarter-Final One)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only saw the second half and thought Holland were value for the win. I get £80 if they win the thing, £50 if they come 2nd, £20 3rd and £10 4th so they've at least doubled my initial sweep money now :D

RE Burgey's rant, haha quality even if I do take exception to the League One reference, us League One lot are easily the most pleasant of the footy fans :ph34r:

And as for the stats debate, like any stat assists needs context to be looked at. I wouldn't say it's completely meaningless though. In his book, Aldo talks about how much he rated John Morrisey and thought he should have got a go in the top flight because no-one laid on as many goals for him in his whole career as Mogsy. If you're a winger you should be laying on assists really.

Jack's point a valid one though as Mogsy's assists would have been halved had he not had Muir and then Aldo to lay the ball across to.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You say that but it's usually pretty good players who lead the assists table. Can't just be entirely coincidence.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only saw the second half and thought Holland were value for the win. I get £80 if they win the thing, £50 if they come 2nd, £20 3rd and £10 4th so they've at least doubled my initial sweep money now :D
I get $320 if they win they win the thing and I haven't even really followed it; I was just following a tip. Happy with proceedings so far; might lay off a little bit I guess.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I personally reckon every goal not scored by Ozil in this tournament should be credited to Wesley. Wub him.