View Poll Results: Which team are you supporting?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uruguay

    1 2.86%
  • Ghana

    1 2.86%
  • Netherlands

    13 37.14%
  • Slovakia

    0 0%
  • Brazil

    2 5.71%
  • Chile

    0 0%
  • Paraguay

    0 0%
  • Japan

    1 2.86%
  • Spain

    8 22.86%
  • Portugal

    0 0%
  • Argentina

    3 8.57%
  • Germany

    6 17.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Which team are you supporting deep into the tournament?

  1. #31
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,493
    Germany/Argentina, most watchable teams thus far.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  2. #32
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Pretty much what Scaly said, but I'll be gunning for Holland, Uruguay and Ghana in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  3. #33
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,305
    I'm a massive glory-hunter when it comes to international football. I vacillate between supporting the team with the most attractive style of play (Spain), the team playing a dynamic, fearless brand of football without too many big stars (Germany, Russia at Euro 2008) and teams that I traditionally always support (Argentina).. yeah, I know there isn't much left over.

    Don't want anyone from the Brazil-Holland (both surprisingly boring) and Uruguay-Ghana half to win it.
    Last edited by vcs; 30-06-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

  4. #34
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,178
    Supporting Spain. Just a casual follower of football and wouldn't be able to distinguish between a good and a great player. Saw the re-telecast of a spanish match when the wc was being promoted and loved the way every player in their team did tricks with their feet. They play with a lot of flair and consistently try to attack which I liked. Big fan of Xavi, Villa, Xabi Alonso, Torres, Puyol, Casillas.

    So when I cut all the bull**** and just say who I support, its Spain.


  5. #35
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    I support Spain because BB says they're the Indian equivalent in football.

    PS: Die Holland die!
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

  6. #36
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    22,916
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post

    PS: Die Holland die!
    You're pro-global warming and subsequent rising sea levels, I see?
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  7. #37
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    You're pro-global warming and subsequent rising sea levels, I see?
    Nah, just anti Pakistan

  8. #38
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    5,749
    I shall be routing for Paraguay and their attempt to progress through the knock-out stages without scoring a goal.
    Last edited by Lillian Thomson; 01-07-2010 at 04:37 AM.

  9. #39
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I support Spain because BB says they're the Indian equivalent in football.
    Scratch that, Paraguay all the way!
    WORLD CUP 2010: Model Larissa Riquelme promises home strip with a difference if Paraguay triumph | Mail Online

  10. #40
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,510
    Spain or Holland
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  11. #41
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,497
    Yeah the Dutch were my second team followed closely by daylight. Will be pretty disappointed if the Spanish win, probably deserve it though.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  12. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Yeah the Dutch were my second team followed closely by daylight. Will be pretty disappointed if the Spanish win, probably deserve it though.
    Err how would they deserve it? By playing flashy football but being second best in most of their games?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  13. #43
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    31,836
    Not like you to be bitter because one of your predictions turned out to be total arse Scaly.

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Not like you to be bitter because one of your predictions turned out to be total arse Scaly.
    Any team can fluke their way through. They've not come up against any team playing particularly well and they should have been knocked out at least twice already. Two other times the teams gave them the win because of rank incompetence.

    If you ran this tournament 100 times Spain would have made it to the final once. This is the once. Even I can't be held accountable for that sort of ridiculous luck.

  15. #45
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Any team can fluke their way through. They've not come up against any team playing particularly well and they should have been knocked out at least twice already. Two other times the teams gave them the win because of rank incompetence.

    If you ran this tournament 100 times Spain would have made it to the final once. This is the once. Even I can't be held accountable for that sort of ridiculous luck.
    Didn't you say the exact same thing about them winning euro '08 though? Don't you perhaps think it just maybe more than a co-incidence/ridiculous luck that they've won 1, and made it to the final of the other of the 2 most prominent international tournaments in the past 2 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Least 'National' World Cup Winning Team
    By Athlai in forum 2010 ICC World Twenty20 - West Indies
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 19-05-2010, 02:46 AM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
  3. is anyone there onwer of dadas team of Omar Dada
    By omardada in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:34 AM
  4. Battrick Team Details
    By superkingdave in forum Battrick
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 02:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •